DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

360 Panos for Facebook

8BitMavics

Reactions
I've gone through some videos and text tutorials but having trouble nailing down a simple workflow (without using Hangar 360 servers).

I have access to Litchi, Autopano Giga (old, version 2.6x but it works), Hugin.

So far, it seems if I use APG I'll need to fudge with some cropping and then EXIF edits before Facebook will accept it as a 360. From other posts, there is mention of Hugin being able to take all the data and the stitched output is "Facebook ready".

So from what it looks, either Litchi or Hangar 360 to grab the photos, then into Hugin is the way to go for simplicity. The challenge is to know what settings to use in Hugin (eg. lens type), LDR format, size/width/height...

Is there a posted workflow somewhere that my Google-fu is failing me on? Thanks!

Hey! Could you give me some advice on this? I actually used hangar 360 the other day for this and had some lengthy processes I'd like to nail down as well. I used Lightroom to stitch the photos. Then used an EXIF to add in the metadata facebook requires to detect 360 panos. Even after all that with some lengthy processes and tutorials fb still never recognized my file as a 360. So frustrating!

Hey! Could you give me some advice on this? I actually used hangar 360 the other day for this and had some lengthy processes I'd like to nail down as well. I used Lightroom to stitch the photos. Then used an EXIF to add in the metadata facebook requires to detect 360 panos. Even after all that with some lengthy processes and tutorials fb still never recognized my file as a 360. So frustrating!

Quite easy now for me. I'm using Hangar 360 to take the photos (but not upload and process). I run I through Autopano, crop, upload to Facebook. The only thing to note is the photo dimension limitations on Facebook. I have Lightroom, but haven't tried it for this purpose.

Reactions: jgraves1107
Autopano the $2 app on AppStore? It just accepts hangars 23 photos (after you likely grab them from the SD) and then stitches for you? And FB accepts and recognizes it? If all that's true this is a great quick option for sharing!

Ps: the only reason I want to get good with using Lightroom is so I can shoot it RAW then maybe do some color correction before getting the 360.

No! Autopano for iOS is only a named clone. I'm using Autopano Giga on desktop. After Hangar takes the pics it asks if you want to upload. Just say no. The photos are in your phone/iPad Album.

PS the guys that wrote Autopano (desktop) wrote AutoStitch for iOS, but looks like it's delisted. I have it but haven't tried to see if it writes the metadata. Moot point if it's no longer publicly available though.

Ah shoot. That's an expensive software lol.

Thanks for your help, hopefully I can get Facebook to read the dang metadata correctly!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pleopard