DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Adjusting flight controller parameters

Then the app is stupid/buggy :) You should probably send a message to DD and explain the situation.

It seems it can already pause/resume and knows to upload from the next point after what's already been done after battery changes, but my guess is that instead of taking into account that there's a 99 point limit and just upload "start point to start point + 99" they try to upload "everything from start point on" which can lead to >99 and it fails.

It's a piece of cake for them to handle that correctly, and DJI's 99 waypoint limit really isn't a limitation if the app developer does it right.
I don't think my last reply sent. But yes I think you're right. I have sent numerous support request emails to DD and they don't seem that helpful. Not even a reply. Now my issue is that i cannot connect to DJI assistant to check the firmware version of my mavic. It just doesn't see the mavic or controller. I just installed the latest Windows version 20 mins ago. I'm almost getting somewhere with PrecisionHawk's PrecisionFlight app, but it is telling me my FW is not supported and that i need to update to the "latest" version (1.3.200) - I wasn't aware another update was out, the GO app hasn't mentioned it. I give up...

On another note - I wonder how these guys managed to map 1000km of highway with a Phantom - you can't tell me they did it all in <99 waypoint chunks? Lol.

Mapping 1,000 km of highway with a drone – DroneDeploy’s Blog

I'm almost getting somewhere with PrecisionHawk's PrecisionFlight app, but it is telling me my FW is not supported and that i need to update to the "latest" version (1.3.200)
.200 is 4 months old, there have been 4 releases since...

you can't tell me they did it all in <99 waypoint chunks? Lol.
It's almost certain they created hundreds of separate small missions for that, yes. Even if only becasue they had 5 machines they needed to distribute them across...

That's what I thought! Well looks like PrecisionHawk need to get their act together too! Far out, how hard is it to find one app where things just work?? this map I'm trying to do is a $3000 job, and I had rescheduled again to meet the clients on site tomorrow. But now I have to hold them up again becaust of stupid software. Not impressed!

Pix4D app?
Yes I've used that one, successfully most of the time too. That's the only one I can get to work. But it doesn't have a polygon drawing tool to select the actual area to be mapped, your just stuck with a big box, and a lot of unnecessary area mapped and wasted battery. Can't have your cake and eat it I guess..

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hcastro