DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2S video problem...

geology333

Reactions
I went out and purchased three DJI drones. Mini 2, Mavic Air 2 and an Air 2S. The videos from the mini and the Air 2 are fine, but the video from the Air 2S plays back in slow motion. I read in a post from a year ago something about anything over 30 FPS this can happen. I have a new computer so I don't think that's the problem. I'm totally inept regarding cameras / video etc, and doing much more than flying and filming is way over my 63 year old head! Any ideas on a quick easy fix for this annoying dilemma?

I went out and purchased three DJI drones. Mini 2, Mavic Air 2 and an Air 2S. The videos from the mini and the Air 2 are fine, but the video from the Air 2S plays back in slow motion. I read in a post from a year ago something about anything over 30 FPS this can happen. I have a new computer so I don't think that's the problem. I'm totally inept regarding cameras / video etc, and doing much more than flying and filming is way over my 63 year old head! Any ideas on a quick easy fix for this annoying dilemma?
Check your video setting on the Air 2S as there is a Slow Motion feature , be sure you have not clicked on that.
When in video mode it is easily toggled.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water

How did you transfer video file from drone to computer?
What video playback app are you using on your computer?
Does it play back smoothly or jerkily in slow motion?
What were the recording details, frame rate and resolution?

I pulled the micro sd card from the drone and plugged it directly into my desktop computer with usb 3.0. Done this with my other two drones and got great results. But for some reason the Air 2S plays back at about 1/3 the speed. Smooth video, just slow. When I speed up the video to 3x it plays quite well. But it's a pain having to speed up the video every time. I also downloaded VLC media player to see if that would help but got the same results. My computer is only a year old, was made by my son in law that manages a computer store here in Ottawa. It was designed to run Microsoft Flight Simulator as does so flawlessly so I doubt it's a hardware issue.

Check your video setting on the Air 2S as there is a Slow Motion feature , be sure you have not clicked on that.
When in video mode it is easily toggled.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water
I'm not very good at camera settings, maybe that's why I can't find a "slow motion" setting. Could you elaborate on that. PS...the raincoat for my Mini 2 should be here by Monday/Tuesday. With all the rain we're having it's sure to get lots of use. :)

I pulled the micro sd card from the drone and plugged it directly into my desktop computer with usb 3.0. Done this with my other two drones and got great results. But for some reason the Air 2S plays back at about 1/3 the speed. Smooth video, just slow. When I speed up the video to 3x it plays quite well. But it's a pain having to speed up the video every time. I also downloaded VLC media player to see if that would help but got the same results. My computer is only a year old, was made by my son in law that manages a computer store here in Ottawa. It was designed to run Microsoft Flight Simulator as does so flawlessly so I doubt it's a hardware issue.
On my older computer I get much better results with Movies & TV app rather than VLC which is too heavy on resources and won't play 4K videos. But VLC is needed to display the subtitle information. 4K takes a lots of graphics and display resources. Generally I just edit with ShotCut and then output a 1080p file for local viewing or compress file to 85 so 4K is viewable. I and upload 4K to YouTube.

On my older computer I get much better results with Movies & TV app rather than VLC which is too heavy on resources and won't play 4K videos. But VLC is needed to display the subtitle information. 4K takes a lots of graphics and display resources. Generally I just edit with ShotCut and then output a 1080p file for local viewing or compress file to 85 so 4K is viewable. I and upload 4K to YouTube.

Here's a good article on fixes for lag or stuttering in VLC with 4K video. Increasing the cache value did the trick for me.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
espinafre