DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Altitude not repeating on saved hyperlapse waypoint mission - Air 3

This is concerning. I haven’t yet repeated saved Hyperlapse waypoints with my Air 3 but I assume my Air 3 is going to behave the same way because, for some reason, DJI apparently decided to implement Hyperlapse Waypoints in a hugely different way than the regular Waypoints. I, too, had plans of taking Hyperlapses from the same location at different times of day etc.

I guess the one workaround that I can think of off the top of my head is using the regular Waypoints feature on the Mavic 3 Pro/Mini 4 Pro/Air 3 to set up the shot and then instead of recording a video, putting it in photo mode and using the timer feature to take shots at an interval of you choice.

The issue here is if there are pilots who rely on the built-in Hyperlapse video creation feature, this will not give them a video right out of the drone. They will need to make the video themselves.

However, for those pilots who create their Timelapses/Hyperlapses using dedicated software, it will not be an issue at all. For example, I’ve been using Lightroom Classic for raw photo development and a powerful Timelapse creation tool called LRTimelapse Pro, written by the talented German photographer and programmer Gunther Wegner, to create all my Timelapses and Hyperlapses. It works incredibly well and has tons of features, including smoothing out the exposure of all the photos to create a smoother video (deflicker).

This is concerning. I haven’t yet repeated saved Hyperlapse waypoints with my Air 3 but I assume my Air 3 is going to behave the same way because, for some reason, DJI apparently decided to implement Hyperlapse Waypoints in a hugely different way than the regular Waypoints. I, too, had plans of taking Hyperlapses from the same location at different times of day etc.

I guess the one workaround that I can think of off the top of my head is using the regular Waypoints feature on the Mavic 3 Pro/Mini 4 Pro/Air 3 to set up the shot and then instead of recording a video, putting it in photo mode and using the timer feature to take shots at an interval of you choice.

The issue here is if there are pilots who rely on the built-in Hyperlapse video creation feature, this will not give them a video right out of the drone. They will need to make the video themselves.

However, for those pilots who create their Timelapses/Hyperlapses using dedicated software, it will not be an issue at all. For example, I’ve been using Lightroom Classic for raw photo development and a powerful Timelapse creation tool called LRTimelapse Pro, written by the talented German photographer and programmer Gunther Wegner, to create all my Timelapses and Hyperlapses. It works incredibly well and has tons of features, including smoothing out the exposure of all the photos to create a smoother video (deflicker).
I encourage you to contact DJI ([email protected]) and share with them your issues concerning altitude not repeating. As more of us contact them about this issue the more likely they will respond with a fix. What is the point of being able to save a mission if the next time you fly the saved mission it flys 150 feet lower and crashes?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne