DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

AMA and me

Why don't you go to their site and get educated on this and other aspects of what they do for the hobby?
Its OK to say you dont know. Otherwise, why are you even posting? not helping, not educating, not productive..

Reactions: Qoncussion
Its OK to say you dont know. Otherwise, why are you even posting? not helping, not educating, not productive..

Go back to the previous page and read all the links I posted. If you are incapable of looking something up for yourself, that's not on me.

jeez - Seems like the trolls are out in force today...

The AMA will take memberships from drone owners all day long, its revenue. If conventional model aircraft use gets restriction threats, in any way, because of drones, the AMA will leave drone owners swinging in the wind. You can bet on that.
Somebody needs to start a drone association. But Most of us wont live long enough to see it become of any value.

OK guys..lets try and stay civil in this .
Be Nice.jpeg

Reactions: Clinton1
Why don't you go to their site and get educated on this and other aspects of what they do for the hobby?
The OP asked a simple question. The thread turned into an off-topic argument; as too many threads do here. The OP requested that the bickering stop. I posted some vague knowledge which was indeed on-topic. Then information got posted with links and citations, a bibliography - if you will, showing evidence not totally related to the original, simple question, nor in support of *the reasons behind* why the original question was asked. I attempted to have a conversation. Others started comparing ***** sizes. My apologies to the OP, but these forums are not necessarily the best place to ask simple questions. If you are looking for an argument... then you came to the right place :)

Reactions: Vegasdad
The FAA and DOT stood in front of everyone and said that unmanned aircraft needed to be registered (despite Section 336 not allowing it and they attempting to do an end run around this). They told people that the problem was not getting the drone (it was), the problem was matching it to the owner (not a problem). Did the AMA stick up for fliers? Did they file suit against the FAA? The FAA just did an end run around Section 336 (that some would have you think the AMA came up with) and the AMA did not do anything. One insurance attorney filed against the FAA and won. The AMA actually _agreed_ that we should all need to register our drones. The _only_ thing the AMA was try to get their own members except (gee, an attempt to increase their membership?).

When local lawmakers make illegal laws against drone use what does the AMA do? Nothing.

What the AMA does is.... anything that may increase their membership. This is not the same thing as looking out for drone flier. Anything wrong with that? Not in my opinion.

Reactions: Qoncussion
The AMA is to model aviation what the NRA is the gun community...be safe, fly smart!

That seems like a stretch to me. Unless the AMA has amended its mission statement to say this:

To protect and defend the Constitution of the United States,
especially with reference to the inalienable right of the individual
American citizen guaranteed by such Constitution to acquire, possess,
collect, exhibit, transport, carry, transfer ownership of, and enjoy the
right to use hobby drones, in order that the people may always be in a position
to exercise their legitimate individual rights of self-preservation and
defense of photography of family, person, and property, as well as to serve
effectively on and in the Mavic Pilots forum for the common defense of the
Republic and the individual liberty of all hobby drone flyers situated therein.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
piloter