DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone flown an Air2S from inside a vehicle

Marjonkay

Reactions
Hi There,

I am wanting to send my Air2S up and have it follow me whilst I drive my campervan - has anyone any experience doing this - is it even possible, or will the drone lose signal to remote control if it’s on the front seat beside me?
Appreciate your thoughts.

Hi There,

I am wanting to send my Air2S up and have it follow me whilst I drive my campervan - has anyone any experience doing this - is it even possible, or will the drone lose signal to remote control if it’s on the front seat beside me?
I normally fly from inside my car with the air2s. So far no problem. I've only done the follow me once just to see how it worked... again, no problem with signal.

Hi There,

will the drone lose signal to remote control if it’s on the front seat beside me?
If there is a clear, unobstructed line of sight between the controller and drone, you should maintain signal connection.
But if that line of sight is blocked by a metal roof, you'll lose signal.

Hi There,

I have flown all of my drones from inside the vehicle. But not while operating the vehicle. I have flown it while someone else operates the vehicle.
Not being a drone police, but if your operating the vehicle, how will you visually observe the drone behind you, or be able to take control of it if another object/bird/or aircraft is encountered? Rather than risking losing or wrecking my expensive drone, I would have someone else drive while I flew the drone. Just a suggestion.