DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Are the gimbal issues fixed?

floyd

Reactions
I apologize for adding yet another gimbal-problem thread, but after reading four different threads related to folks having gimbal problems I wanted to cut to the chase.

Has DJI fixed the gimbal issues with the Mavic? I'm so close to pulling the trigger on a Mavic. But it seems the only drawback (and it's a big one in my view) is the reliability of the Mavic's gimbal. So, I ask you, putting aside user error and crashing, has DJI fixed the gimbal on the Mavic? Is the Mavic's gimbal as reliable as the Phantom series gimbals?

If the Mavic's gimbal is now reliable, what serial number should I look for to ensure I'm getting one with the better gimbal?

Thanks!

I really had my heart set on the Mavic, but there are simply too many issues. The search continues. I was hoping I could get by with a Mavic to do still photography with the end result being a printed photograph. A 20mp camera and few complaints make the Phantom 4 Advanced or Pro (though much more expensive) seem to be my choices.

First mavic bought in feb 2017 was flawless. I crashed it and got a refresh (new says DJI) and had the gimbel issue in dec of 2017.
If portability is not an issue the. Go with a phanton.
If sticking it in your pocket is something you want to do, roll the dice.

Got the Mavic about three weeks ago. Had an amazing time with it, got great video, flawless operation. Never crashed. Just sent it off to DJI in CA to get the gimbal replaced after it simply stopped working. Due to its fragility I’m considering only hand launching and landing when I get it back...

Got the Mavic about three weeks ago. Had an amazing time with it, got great video, flawless operation. Never crashed. Just sent it off to DJI in CA to get the gimbal replaced after it simply stopped working. Due to its fragility I’m considering only hand launching and landing when I get it back...
Was your repair done under warranty? If not, what did it cost you to get it fixed? Do you think it was fixed or replaced?

Was your repair done under warranty? If not, what did it cost you to get it fixed? Do you think it was fixed or replaced?

I didn’t buy DJI Refresh after purchase so I’m sure I’ll be paying for something. I just sent it off yesterday so I’ll keep you updated. I’ve read that it can take several weeks. Seems like a hit or miss with the gimbal-as in it doesn’t happen with everyone. After reading for the last several days it appears to be a pretty common problem but I wouldn’t let that deter you from getting one. I still love mine even though I’m dealing with this.

Didn't DJI send a repair invoice with the repaired Mavic?

Understood. I had a Spark and loved it - no issues. As a photographer and relatively new drone owner, I wanted to make sure I had something portable yet dependable (like my Spark). Received the Mavic Air last week, flew it and realized the gimbal is crap. It keeps falling down below the horizon whenever I fly forward. I've only flown it twice, never crashed. Gimbal was just crap from the beginning.

I've been waiting on DJI to respond to my inquiry, if they don't respond today, I'm getting a full refund and will NEVER buy another DJI product. This is so frustrating. I'm wondering where is the quality control because clearly no one checked this drone before sealing and shipping.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rejdmast