DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Enterpise Atlantic City after dark

I like it, very much. What were you using for your camera settings for this shot?

Nice one, I like it too! I think the camera settings are ok.

In postproduction you can work on the exposure (a little brighter), noise reduction (you allways have noise in night photos) and perhaps a little bit on the sharpness (decide after the first 2 steps). If you have the photo also in RAW format you have some more options but for the one published I would do nothing else.

Overall I would lighten it up a bit to see more details of the houses in the middle/left area, but keep the sky black. The colors are nice.

For this particular image, crop it to pano. For future flights, get closer and shoot a panoramic series manually as a 3-image bracket, which will yield a higher resolution pano and give you a choice of exposures to edit in Lightroom before merging to panorama in Photoshop.

It looks good. I'm not seeing a lot of noise. If you brightened it, as some have suggested, you might get more noise. That can be eliminated with a plug-in called Neat Video.

I like it, very much. What were you using for your camera settings for this shot?

ISO 400, Aperture 2.8 and Shutter Speed 3/5

I have others with different settings, but I liked this one with my untrained eye.

I appreciate the feedback and will try the suggestions.

For this particular image, crop it to pano. For future flights, get closer and shoot a panoramic series manually as a 3-image bracket, which will yield a higher resolution pano and give you a choice of exposures to edit in Lightroom before merging to panorama in Photoshop.
What would be the process for shooting a three pic separate for the panorama?

What would be the process for shooting a three pic separate for the panorama?
Here’s a link to a description and process for bracketing (AEB) with a Mavic 2 Pro/zoom. How to Create HDR Images With Your DJI Mavic Drone | graydonschwartz.com

I don’t typically use the automated panorama. Cant recall whether the auto pano allows for AEB.
With this composition, I’d get closer to the subject, start your series from left to right, rotating the drone between your 3-image bracket allowing for at least 50% overlap. Let it finish the 3-image before rotating to the next. A 1.5 EV difference is probably the right setting to assure one of the 3 is a good exposure.
Import the images into Lightroom. Select the best image exposure, adjust your controls for shadows, highlights, sharpness, noise reduction, etc. Copy your settings from the first image, paste settings to every 3rd image of the series. Select each of the edited images together, right-click > edit > merge to panorama in Photoshop. When the merge dialogue box appears, select Reposition (not Auto) and deselect vignette or distortion corrections. Merge all layers, save as a .psd, go back to Lightroom where the .psd will appear at the end of your filmstrip, crop and export at desired size/resolution.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
snaeem