DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Australian Strategic Regulatory Roadmap

Thanks for the links.

Personally, I can see the AAM side of things coming in before stand alone drone delivery is viable.
Perhaps they will even work hand in hand one day, a decent sized passenger drone will be like a ride share for both pax and parcels.

The hard thing will be getting human beings into them . . . vehicles first for sure, taxis on the road when systems are perfected enough.
People can gain confidence in automated transport much easier on the road than in the air.

Believe me, I've seen some scary failures of self driving cars online, but when you look at these in the overall picture of those with humans in control, they are probably as safe (or safer) than travelling with a human driver already.

From the GOVCO PMC page . . .

"The Australian Government is developing the Drone Rule Management System in partnership with State and Territory governments to enable a consistent framework for drone operating restrictions to be submitted, assessed and implemented."

Let's hope it addresses some of the ridiculous land authority variations around the country, and not in further blanket bans, but in a drone friendly sensible sense.

The National Drone Detection Network is well under way, trials have been quite successful from reports I've seen over the past few years.
It will still not be a totalitarian true national ability, but hopefully cover most controlled airports and other critical facilities that need protection long term.

Reactions: eva2000 and 4006448
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saikiran Villa