DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3 Avata VS Peregrine Falcon video

Is this your second encounter with a Peregrine?
It's hard to forget photos of such a magnificent bird making a close pass.
I cant remember who posted the first one.

Those still photos are wonderful. Great experience. Thanks for posting.

That falcon was just checking the drone out and didn't seem to think it was worth his further attention. One thing for sure, if the falcon had wanted to hit the drone, it would have happened.

I wonder if the legs being extended was just the falcon throwing out the landing gear to reduce his speed on that first pass.

Is this your second encounter with a Peregrine?
It's hard to forget photos of such a magnificent bird making a close pass.
I cant remember who posted the first one.
No, my first and only Falcon encounter. This is from a flight a month ago. Posted pics back then. Just got around to putting the video together
Those still photos are wonderful. Great experience. Thanks for posting.

That falcon was just checking the drone out and didn't seem to think it was worth his further attention. One thing for sure, if the falcon had wanted to hit the drone, it would have happened.

I wonder if the legs being extended was just the falcon throwing out the landing gear to reduce his speed on that first pass.
Thanks. I agree I think the first pass the Falcon was checking out the drone but had his talons extended just in case. The 2nd pass seemed to be a closer inspection and I dont think he felt threatened at that point. And yes, if he wanted to take it out it would have been easy, they are the true masters of the air! There is a video on Youtube of an Avata being grabbed by a Falcon, held for a few seconds and dropped where it crashed onto the ground. The Avata is bird friendly being a Cinewhoop!

Reactions: Yorkshire_Pud
Awesome encounter, and some close up shots !
I had my encounter with a Peregrine here in Australia some years ago.

I didn't pick it up properly initially, but then saw the shadow on the rock.
Then it was up up and away leaving the bird circling below, back to home point without further incident.

Reactions: careless
Awesome encounter, and some close up shots !
I had my encounter with a Peregrine here in Australia some years ago.

I didn't pick it up properly initially, but then saw the shadow on the rock.
Then it was up up and away leaving the bird circling below, back to home point without further incident.

Nice!
They just want you to take a picture of them
Yep. very curious birds!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deepdark