Welcome to our Community
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Avata

What precisely do you mean by binding?
If the binding related to flyaway insurance does the binding of/to any other insured drones remain intact?

What precisely do you mean by binding?
If the binding related to flyaway insurance does the binding of/to any other insured drones remain intact?
No. A controller can only be bound to one drone at a time. If the drone isn't bound to a controller DJI can't learn the details of an accident in the same manner - that's my understanding. As soon as you want to fly with the "other" drone be sure to bind it to that drone to maintain fly away insurance. Some folks use a controller with multiple drones and just bind it back and forth regularly.

No. A controller can only be bound to one drone at a time. If the drone isn't bound to a controller DJI can't learn the details of an accident in the same manner - that's my understanding. As soon as you want to fly with the "other" drone be sure to bind it to that drone to maintain fly away insurance. Some folks use a controller with multiple drones and just bind it back and forth regularly.
That is my understanding too but I also suspect that the binding between the controller and the 'old' drone must undone before the binding to the new drone can be done or is done.
The point of my post was, however, an attempt to get AnzacJack to clarify their understanding of the binding they mention.
It's not an area were they would want to find out, the hard way, that they had made a mistake.

That is my understanding too but I also suspect that the binding between the controller and the 'old' drone must undone before the binding to the new drone can be done or is done.
The point of my post was, however, an attempt to get AnzacJack to clarify their understanding of the binding they mention.
It's not an area were they would want to find out, the hard way, that they had made a mistake.
AFAIK there is no "unbinding" process. I'll wait to hear if I'm wrong. It happened a few years ago so who knows... :).

Ahh, might you be thinking of what DJI refers to as "linking" which relates to establishing the control and data transfer link between the drone and the controller?

If so then there is a more recent type of connection which DJI refer to as "bind"ing, "bound" etc. and relates to flyaway insurance cover. It came into being when the Flyaway insurance was created.

My meaning of binding was what you are calling linking. Before dji came along we always called the process of linking a controller to the flight controller as binding

But. When I went back later to “link” the avata, it was no longer on the list of selectable drones on the rc pro. So not sure what was happening when I saw it there earlier

My meaning of binding was what you are calling linking. Before dji came along we always called the process of linking a controller to the flight controller as binding

But. When I went back later to “link” the avata, it was no longer on the list of selectable drones on the rc pro. So not sure what was happening when I saw it there earlier
Did you by chance already link it? If so maybe it doesn't show up cause it's already linked?

No im linked to the mav 3. I only noticed it there as a selectable when i was doing all the new updates and planned on looking at it later. But when i went back later just the Air and mini 3 are listed. May have been a glitch first time i saw it as i havent seen it mentioned anywhere else.
Ill have another look this evening

The major distinction is that binding requires an internet connection, while pairing does not. You can only fly 5 times with an unbound paired remote before you will be locked out, requiring access to the originally bound RC to continue with it, or to transfer the binding to another remote by unbinding the original remote from your account.

My bad on terminology

Im just talking about connecting and flying my drone from a controller

It seems that my error was dji fly listing the devices it has attached to my account and not what is available to be linked to controller (rc pro).

Reactions: GadgetGuy

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael Greece