DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery Housing

JayBird

Reactions
Hello pilots.

I'm hoping somebody can help me. I received a Mavic Pro Intelligent Flight Battery direct out of DJI via NewEgg.com, and noticed it wouldn't seat properly in the MP (my other 3 batteries are perfect). Upon closer inspection, it appears that the battery housing wasn't correctly installed. It's never been dropped, and I've never crashed my bird. In fact, nothing appears "damaged," (just out of place)
9c16b70bb88840674e393366c6ab3c30.jpg
- and it's obvious that the housing lid has a lip that slides down the inside of the lower housing...one lip didn't reach its track and is causing a separation, which is interfering with the latching system. Has anybody removed the battery housing? I know I can repair this myself (the much preferred option over waiting a week plus for a return/exchange), but I'm more worried about damaging an otherwise undamaged housing during the removal process. Any help is much appreciated.

54249ae6d7ec8cbad5bfdefeb285ad7f.jpg
994c61f73e0f0e2501676c115542be56.jpg

Fly Safe, Fly Legal, and Protect Our Hobby! -Jay

If you have three other batteries why are you even hesitating to send it back?
You can fly all day on three batteries and a car charger. Just send it back and don't try to fix it. If you do and end up putting scratch marks on it they will accuse you of trying to open it and then your SOL.

Rob

If it were me, I would try to juggle the housing off and reseat it.

@Thunder-drones what do you think?

If Op opens it, warranty void.

If you have three other batteries why are you even hesitating to send it back?
You can fly all day on three batteries and a car charger. Just send it back and don't try to fix it. If you do and end up putting scratch marks on it they will accuse you of trying to open it and then your SOL.

Rob

↑↑↑ What he said. Send er back.

If I marked it is the warranty void?

4e31d22d1a62f9cad23b85a8100fbc35.jpg

Did it before I realized there was an issue.

Thanks much. Just emailed DJI for an exchange. Will update when I hear from them.

Hello. Was contacted by DJI and instructed to not tamper with the battery. I was issued and RMA and return instructions, and was told they'd get another on the way to me within 7 business days. Looks like all is well. Thanks for the help guys!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deepdark