DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery updates??

BerndM

Reactions
I have owned my MP since January and have done 3 or 4 FW updates. I have 3 batteries and have never been asked to update any of them.
Should I be concerned?
:eek:

Depends how you use your mavic

If you always start with the same battery and swap the battery with the RC & device still on it wont come up

Not every update has a update for the battery so you may still be on an old version that hasn't updated the battery since jan

DJI GO should alert you (like this) if you're using a battery that needs to be updated. If you'd like to check all of your batteries, power up your Mavic and connect it to the DJI Assistant 2 application with each battery. You'll see a prompt to update the battery firmware right away if the firmware needs to be updated.

Reactions: Caszjam21
Thanks for the responses!
I never start my flying sessions with just one specific battery. I keep them rotated so as to get the same number of charge cycle on each one, and I have never swapped batteries while the RC was still powered up.
Do I have to use the DJI Assistant 2 or will the Go4 app do the same thing?

OK got it. I misinterpreted what your post said.
I read it to say that the GO4 app would tell me it needed updating but then I had to use DJI Assistant to actually do the update.
So it can be done thru the DJI GO4 app as well.
Cool.
Thanks
:)

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xyggi