DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

California Superbloom 2019 Video

DarthSLR

Reactions
It was a windy April Saturday in the Mojave Desert during the season that has become known as California Superbloom 2019.

I went to check the status a few weeks ago, but it just started then, so I have decided to revisit.

I drove from Thousand Oaks up to Fillmore on Hwy 126, then I5 and Hwy 138, thus approaching the famous Antelope Poppy Reserve from the West, via Gorman.

The plains were a great mix of orange, yellow and purple-blue, and the South-facing hills were flaming red.

It was windy, very windy, as it often gets in the desert in spring, but I still decided to launch my DJI Mavic 2 Pro in the air, and flew it around a few spots, trying to stay lower than I normally would, as the prop planes were flying dangerously low, apparently attracted by the sheer beauty of the blooming landscapes.

Few times Marty (my drone) refused to land on the ground (poor thing was shaking like crazy in the air just to stay in place), so I had to hand-land it (I’m very glad I taught myself to do it a few months ago).

The very next day I managed to make DR15 (DaVinci Resolve) work. I refused to deal with UHD content before, but for whatever reason it obliged today. I still don’t know what happened, it just worked, and even let me produce UHD movie. I still made an HD copy as well, just in case.

Anyway, enjoy the video and another one of my favorite Aquarium songs.

Reactions: mambadude
Wow, the wild flowers up here in NorCal are out in force too, but nothing like that! I'm coming down to LA at the end of next month, I hope they stay around for me.

Reactions: DarthSLR
Wow, the wild flowers up here in NorCal are out in force too, but nothing like that! I'm coming down to LA at the end of next month, I hope they stay around for me.
I think they should hold till the end of April or so. But hardly much longer, unless you go higher up in the sierras.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suilven