DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Camera Vibration

swoodhall

Reactions
Hi Guys.....

My Mavic has developed a rather annoying vibration, on the camera/gimball which seems totally random, and it happens when flying in a smooth straight line, in calm conditions. And also happens when slowing down and comming to a stop. It started doing it after a firmware update that I did back in October. (could be a coincident though).

It totally ruins the footage, my Phantom never had issues like this.

Here are some nice vids of it happening.

Has anyone else had this, and can it be fixed. Its not an old aircraft, had it three months, and done 20ish flights.

Steve-o

Reactions: LeeCreek
You mabe fly to hard with your bird. ...try more smoothly. ..mabe help....??

Are you shooting in 4K? And What speed SD card are you using? It almost looks like a electronic or feed error rather than a mechanical vibration.

Are you shooting in 4K? And What speed SD card are you using? It almost looks like a electronic or feed error rather than a mechanical vibration.

Im shooting in 1080p, and always have, the SD card is a Sandisk extreme 32Gb v30 and it has a U with a 3 in it. see below..

414Hz2DzViL._SX355_.jpg

Its a fairly new sd card..

Im shooting in 1080p, and always have, the SD card is a Sandisk extreme 32Gb v30 and it has a U with a 3 in it.

Okay, that's a good card. Have you tried any other resolutions/frame rates to see if the problem persists? I've read where 1080 can be a problem on MPs (but right now I can't remember where I read that...). Also, are you capturing the lower-res video on the controller and, if so, is the problem there as well?

It almost seems like there are little gusts of wind hitting the camera? Do you have the gimble cover on while flying?

Hi Guys.....

My Mavic has developed a rather annoying vibration, on the camera/gimball which seems totally random, and it happens when flying in a smooth straight line, in calm conditions. And also happens when slowing down and comming to a stop. It started doing it after a firmware update that I did back in October. (could be a coincident though).

It totally ruins the footage, my Phantom never had issues like this.

Here are some nice vids of it happening.

Has anyone else had this, and can it be fixed. Its not an old aircraft, had it three months, and done 20ish flights.

Steve-o
Mine is about the same age, 3-4 months and has done the exact same thing. I’ve reset camera, recalibrated compass and IMU. Set it back to factory settings and still does it. It does it in warm weather and cool weather, doesn’t seem to matter the temperature. Not sure what to do except maybe open up a case with DJI

I have a few questions
What propellers you using ?
How you storage the mavic?
Are propellers bend?

Reactions: Anthony
I have a few questions
What propellers you using ?
How you storage the mavic?
Are propellers bend?
Brand new OEM DJI Props so not bent
I store the Mavic either sitting on a table, but when travelling always have the gimbal guard on and drone is folded up in a carry case. Do you think the props would have something to do with the random video shakes?

You need to open a support case with DJI .. that looks like the camera to me. You can send them your videos but I'm sure this is a camera issue.

You need to open a support case with DJI .. that looks like the camera to me. You can send them your videos but I'm sure this is a camera issue.
I hate to be without my Mavic as the still pics are great, however better get it fixed before I’ll be using it more when warmer weather arrives. Seems to be a pretty common problem amongst Mavic owners. Wonder if it’s just a QA thing at DJI

My mav started doing this while I was on a trip to Malaysia, I did fly in stifling heat, around 39c / 102F , could the heat damage anything.

I hate to be without my Mavic as the still pics are great, however better get it fixed before I’ll be using it more when warmer weather arrives. Seems to be a pretty common problem amongst Mavic owners. Wonder if it’s just a QA thing at DJI

Yeah I agree ... I recently had to send my Mavic off to support but it only took 7 days from sending it to getting back so I was really happy with that.

IMO the current camera is the weakest part of the mavic so I expect this to be updated next year ....

However I LOVE my Mavic.

Just change the props. It happened to me a year ago after I had a small crash. I changed the broken props and the Mavic was flying well except for a bit of jello. I then discovered that one of the prop which I thought was not broken had a small Crack and thus was creating vibrations and random jello. When I changed the prop everything went back to normal. So check the props for possible crack

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjauuu