DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Care Refresh Cape Town/Philippines

GeorgieGirl

Reactions
Hi there,

Can somebody please explain to me the way that Care Refresh works? I need a "Care Refresh for Dummies" guide. I'm looking into buying a Mavic Pro in Cape Town or Manila on my travels. If I buy it there am I eligible for Care Refresh? The DJI website states that DJI Care Refresh is only available to customers from the U.S., Canada, EU countries, UK, Australia, Hong Kong and Mainland China. Is that customers who BUY their drones in those countries or customers who are FROM those countries?
I'm all new this and I'd really appreciate any help!
Thanks.

One thing I know is that to make a claim under Care Refresh, you have to send your unit to the service center in the country/region where you purchased the Care Refresh coverage (not the drone itself), which I guess means the country-specific website from which you purchase the Care Refresh. If you purchase Care Refresh from the US website, your drone will be covered for damage no matter where you fly it, but to avail of the service, you'd have to send the drone to a US service center.

What I don't know is if/how DJI tries to restrict you purchasing Care Refresh for a country other than the one you're in. They may require a credit card from the country, or look at your IP when you purchase, or they may not care at all. I'm not really sure.

[EDIT] Actually, now I'm not completely sure that they will cover damage done while flying elsewhere. I seem to remember reading that they do, but I can't find that information right now. The answer on their FAQ is a little bit vague about it:

"11、Does DJI Care Refresh support international coverage ?
No, at the moment, DJI Care Refresh only works within one coverage region. However, the coverage region can be different than the region in which the aircraft was purchased. For example, if you purchased your aircraft in China, you can purchase DJI Care Refresh for the US. You can only apply for product warranty service in China, but you can use DJI Care Refresh to replace your product at DJI's official US service center."

Sorry if I've just confused you even more!

Yes they support coverage if you crash abroad.
What they are saying is that if you bought the Refresh using a US address and then took the drone with you to stay in Japan, you cannot send it back to Hong Kong for repair, it must be sent back to the repair facility in the USA.

If the OP buys his drone in Capetown or Manila and gets his refresh in the USA using a US address he can send it to a US repair facility.

Rob

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman