DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Chip on battery -- safe to fly?

looopson

Reactions
I just noticed that the one of the plastic pieces on the side of the battery terminal got chipped off. It doesn't appear to have damaged any of the 10 terminals themselves. It seems to be charging just fine.

20171210_145542.jpg

I notice the charger is really tight and sometimes you really have to pull to get it out when it's done charging. I'm guessing that's what happened or perhaps I wasn't thinking and pulled the charger out at an angle last time which snapped the plastic on the side.

Do you think I'm still safe to use it? Do the batteries carry a one-year warranty on them? This battery came with the drone when I got it about eight months ago.

I just noticed that the one of the plastic pieces on the side of the battery terminal got chipped off. It doesn't appear to have damaged any of the 10 terminals themselves. It seems to be charging just fine.

View attachment 26485

I notice the charger is really tight and sometimes you really have to pull to get it out when it's done charging. I'm guessing that's what happened or perhaps I wasn't thinking and pulled the charger out at an angle last time which snapped the plastic on the side.

Do you think I'm still safe to use it? Do the batteries carry a one-year warranty on them? This battery came with the drone when I got it about eight months ago.
I am missing a piece like that from two of my batteries, has not caused any trouble.

Reactions: looopson

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremy Green