DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3 Close Call

Would you please just tell us where at in that 5 1/2 minute video is the close call? Sorry, but I have a short attention span when it comes to watching long videos... I suspect many others do also.

Thanks for posting this...........Uncle Bob to the rescue! You remained cool during that tense moment.....starting around 4:15...

Reactions: umanbean
starting around 4:15...
Thanks, really appreciate that.

I just took a break from work for a bit (to back up to a heater for a minute :) ) and now I can go straight to the relevant part.

Dang! Thought I was gonna see a big bird zip close past your bow, or a heli pop up over the hill low and fast - and you had just enough time to descend!...JK :)

Glad you got your bird on the ground safely and was able to find it! (Also glad I haven't had any encounters with geozones yet, I fly mostly close to home and live in a rural area)

Another awesome video! Glad you recovered your drone. How far away from the home point was it?

Would you please just tell us where at in that 5 1/2 minute video is the close call? Sorry, but I have a short attention span when it comes to watching long videos... I suspect many others do also.
I'll save you the trouble . Go to 4:13.

The video is way too long and slow as molasses.

Reactions: JmsWms and Squidinc
THANKS for this warning. Hope I can remember it if I encounter a geozone.
How do you turn off a geozone?

This was a special case. If you manage to get a custom unlock from DJI for a defined zone it allows you to fly within the confines of the boundary of that custom zone. You may be able to take off and cross into that custom zone from outside if that's unrestricted space, but once inside the custom zone you cannot cross back out, unless you first cancel your custom unlock.

There was an interesting thread back in June where someone was forced to ditch their Mini-2 into the ocean under similar circumstances. You can read that one here:

mavicpilots.com/threads/dji-software-bug-surrounding-authorised-boundaries-caused-me-to-lose-my-drone-to-the-sea.127036/

I'll save you the trouble . Go to 4:13.

The video is way too long and slow as molasses.
worse for me Dale as I had the sound turned off and missed the problem. Had me scratching my head for a while :rolleyes:

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SK farming