DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Controller carry hack + lanyard

gregw

Reactions
This is my solution for protecting the non-removable sticks from being pushed to the side while stored... I cut out the controller indent from the box the Mavic came in and put it together with the controller with a hair band.
remote1.jpg

I've also created my own solution for a lanyard. All hardware attachments for the lanyard are plastic so as not to affect the magnets on the sticks.. With my Samsung S7 attached, it just about balances level.. Still haven't had the chance to fly the Mavic yet. Hope to maiden it before the weekend, but weather here just turned windy and rainy today..

remote2.jpg

Smart one gregw,

Make use of the materials at hand, i love DIY solutions to a problem.
And the lanyard to Thumbswayup

Very nice job!

Necessity is the mother of invention, as they say. Nice job!

With that on it the controller it is a real tight fit on the DJI Bag (maybe too tight). great for other bags though

With that on it the controller it is a real tight fit on the DJI Bag (maybe too tight). great for other bags though

I think you can probably trim down the "cover" so it takes up less space... At least it seems quite tough and should protect the sticks well..

There is nothing to cut down as there is extra depth in the stick pockets that makes is overall thicker than without the cover. Also the cover is made of a Paper product so it will have a limited life trying to stuff it in the DJI Bag. It fits but with some force

it is still a great idea though

I am bald. What's a hair band? ;)

I was kind of hoping that someone would come up with a lanyard solution. That's the only thing I find myself fumbling with. I'm just curious where you got the loops and the lanyard itself. Someone could make a few bucks producing and selling those.

I was kind of hoping that someone would come up with a lanyard solution. That's the only thing I find myself fumbling with. I'm just curious where you got the loops and the lanyard itself. Someone could make a few bucks producing and selling those.

I bought those items locally here in Hong Kong... It's not perfect since with the loops attached, the bottom arms don't close up all the way for storage, but it's the best I can do without carving up the RC..

lanyard1.jpg

Last edited:
Man that is brilliant! I went down in the basement where I was storing my Mavic shipping box, extracted the protective piece, cut it out and added a hair-tie. Voila - it fits perfectly in the bag and makes me feel much more secure about using the bag. Very nice idea.

This is my solution for protecting the non-removable sticks from being pushed to the side while stored... I cut out the controller indent from the box the Mavic came in and put it together with the controller with a hair band.
View attachment 966

I've also created my own solution for a lanyard. All hardware attachments for the lanyard are plastic so as not to affect the magnets on the sticks.. With my Samsung S7 attached, it just about balances level.. Still haven't had the chance to fly the Mavic yet. Hope to maiden it before the weekend, but weather here just turned windy and rainy today..

View attachment 967

Can you close the controller up with the lanyard attached?

Can you close the controller up with the lanyard attached?

The arms don't close up completely, but it's fine as the strings are pretty thin, and I have to fold the strap behind the controller anyway.

Debatable. They take a lot of force to "break loose" the first time from what I've read. Not really interested in trying it on mine.

I did try to remove the sticks with what I would consider "reasonable" force, but since it didn't come out, I decided it wasn't meant to be removable, so just left it...

Reactions: Gp™
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada