Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Country code not updated and distance limitations [RESOLVED]

Amit Dunsky

Reactions
Site
www.facebook.com
Gear:
Following the latest firmware update, I got an annoying "Country code not updated" message on my screen and in my flight logs. Additionally, my flight distance got limited to 50 meters.
I know - the first reaction is "login to your DJI account", but believe me when I say - I'm not new to the DJI world, the Avata is not my only drone, and I know my way around the DJI services maze. The drone was (and still it) by all means linked to my DJI account. Also, although the logs suggests so, it is clearly visible in the screenshot that there wasn't any GPS problem.

I tried refreshing the firmware using Assistant 2, but to no avail. SO FRUSTRATING...

After researching this issue all over the world wide web, and running multiple tries, I kind of compiled a set of steps to get this issue resolved, and so I'm documenting it here, should any one ever need to tackle this issue. Here's how I resolved it:
  • Unbind the aircraft from my DJI account.
  • Reset everything back to factory defaults (also, to be on the safe side: I formatted all storages - the drone's internal and external, as well as the Integra's. Probably not really needed).
  • Reboot the drone, the MC2 and the Integra.
  • Rebind the aircraft to my DJI account.
  • Download and re-install the latest DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series).
  • Connect each of the Drone, Integra Goggles and the Motion Controller 2 to my PC, and refresh the latest firmware, even though it was already installed. This might be the most important step!
Once the all those steps were completed, the "Country code not updated" error message was gone, as are the distance and height limitations. What a relief.. 😅

i1.jpg

i2.png

Purchased a Avata 2 yesterday, and I am currently having this issue.. Followed all the steps from above and nothing is working.
Some pppl going thru the same with avata 2, following theses steps in dji forums and nothing is working.
They said they're consulting their engenniers 11 hours ago.
Very frustrating.

I am returning my Avata 2 fly more kit. This was so disappointing. I refresh the drone, the goggles, and the controller using the DJI Assistant 2 (consumer drone series). I connected the goggles to my DJI Fly App, when into Profile to refresh the FlySafe Database, and still nothing resolved. I went outside and got up to 26 satellites on my GPS. Nothing resolved. It limits the drone to about 175 ft distance and then it just sits there as if there's a geofence.

Until somebody reports that there is a concrete fix for the Avata 2, I'm not buying it again. Is there a way to manually override the country code and put in 840 (for USA)?

Essentially, a future firmware and potentially limit your drone's operation, and really, there's nothing you can do about it if it was intentional.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne