DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini December Shipspotting 2020 Mini 2

Very very nice.
I'd like to know more about your video editing, particuarly how you created the titles and how you adjusted the sharpness. Everything looked super crisp especially the police boat. Can you share the editing details for those of us just at the point of getting beyond the basics of editing and color grading?

Reactions: blackomega
Very very nice.
I'd like to know more about your video editing, particuarly how you created the titles and how you adjusted the sharpness. Everything looked super crisp especially the police boat. Can you share the editing details for those of us just at the point of getting beyond the basics of editing and color grading?
A Big Big thanks for watching.
For starters on this video i used my DJI mini 2. (love that little guy) but its colour is not as good as my mavic 2 zoom
Im an Apple geek and i work on a new 27" iMac and my software of choice is Apple FinalCut Pro.
Recently acquired an addon called Mcallouts Simple 2 from a company called Motion VFX it automatically tracks the subjects and provides the dynamic captions.
As for the colour i either just use the automatic balance colour mode in finalcut or I use the Dlog-M to REC709 LUT from DJI to adjust my colour.

Hope that answers things for you. Feel free to reply if you have any more questions

Reactions: Polo48
Thanks for watching. Do you come to Prince Rupert often?
We come usually at the end of May or early June on an annual family fishing trip. Fill some coolers with salmon, halibut, and crab and head back home to AB. Next trip will be the first that I've owned a drone, will try to get some video of the orcas and whales for sure if the weather cooperates. Sighting the killer whales isn't very good for the salmon fishing, but they are cool to see.

A Big Big thanks for watching.
For starters on this video i used my DJI mini 2. (love that little guy) but its colour is not as good as my mavic 2 zoom
Im an Apple geek and i work on a new 27" iMac and my software of choice is Apple FinalCut Pro.
Recently acquired an addon called Mcallouts Simple 2 from a company called Motion VFX it automatically tracks the subjects and provides the dynamic captions.
As for the colour i either just use the automatic balance colour mode in finalcut or I use the Dlog-M to REC709 LUT from DJI to adjust my colour.

Hope that answers things for you. Feel free to reply if you have any more questions
I thought the titling really made the video special. I used to be an Apple guy but the premium for Macs and the comparatively short lifespan made me go to the dark side. Is there any kind of similar titling program on the Windows side that you know of? I think the money for that software was well spent. The Mini 2 is something special for what it is, no? Did you use any ND filters? You have metadata to share?

A visual tour of Prince Rupert harbour and the many marine facilities and vessels in the bay
Hi Blackomega, I enjoyed very much your ship-spotting video ? The editing with the effects is also very well done!
With which software are the titles made? That look very god! Oh you even dared to follow a police boat ?
cheers Paul

Great video! Thanks for sharing. This is a great example of telling a story in a nice time length and wow great footage. I agree that the titles are an amazing way to narrate the story line.

Happy New year,
Chris

Reactions: blackomega
Great video! Thanks for sharing. This is a great example of telling a story in a nice time length and wow great footage. I agree that the titles are an amazing way to narrate the story line.

Happy New year,
Chris
Thanks for watching. For a second I thought that I would receive negative feedback about the titles but you all have proved me wrong. Thanks for your support I will work with them more

Hi Blackomega, I enjoyed very much your ship-spotting video ? The editing with the effects is also very well done!
With which software are the titles made? That look very god! Oh you even dared to follow a police boat ?
cheers Paul
Thanks for watching. I use Apple Finalcut Pro for my editing and an addon called M Callouts Simple 2 to do the titles.
I stayed far away from the Cop boat. Also i was flying a sub250 gram drone

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScottLoucks