DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Disney question

Is the inference that it shouldn’t be perfectly fine?

I know they own the park and can choose what takes place and I understand that if they let recreational pilots fly over the park it could get crazy dangerous for the crowds at the park . Disney flys the drones during these shows in a controller manner with calculated risks.

I have friends who work at Disney, they fly drones there every day.... inspecting the rides and equipment ;)

Reactions: DoomMeister
Basically just go to Disney and enjoy it. Leave the drones at home! Obviously they don't want it there unless you work for Disney.

Reactions: BigAl07
I’m staying at the Disney animal kingdom lodge and I’ve read that you can fly a drone and some saying you can’t, there is no nfz where I want to fly but they say you can not fly at the parks. Any help. Thanks!
Here's a pic I took from much less than 3,000' of the train station, Main Street, and the castle when it was under construction. I guess it sorta dates me!

Disney World.jpg

I know they own the park and can choose what takes place and I understand that if they let recreational pilots fly over the park it could get crazy dangerous for the crowds at the park ...

This was never an issue before 2001. This was a blatant airspace appropriation by a corporation with congress critters in their pockets. These TFRs were written into unrelated bills and the FAA was obligated to enforce them.

DanMan32 is essentially correct in that Disney Corp objected to their customers being exposed to someone else's aerial advertising that they didn't get a cut from.

I’m staying at the Disney animal kingdom lodge and I’ve read that you can fly a drone and some saying you can’t, there is no nfz where I want to fly but they say you can not fly at the parks. Any help. Thanks!

R U not using LAANC when you fly? I have not looked but I"ll bet the Disney property & 3 miles around it is a TFR or a NFZ. LAANC works ! Use it or lose it!!!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Omni_Aerial