DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Fly quits

BD77

Reactions
My Min 3 Pro works fine, but maybe once every minute or two, DJI Fly quits. The drone is still in control. My RC Controller goes back to a picture of a Mini 3, and I have to hit the go fly button to connect. The drone might be 50 yards away, or 300, 80 feet up or 150. I have good signal strength before and after. Much les likely to happen when not standing in my driveway. Transmission menu usually set to auto, have tried various settings same problem. No bothersome interference per transmission menu graph. I tried a mellow Farraday cage around my router, no help. Maybe turn of router, try that? My Air 2S did same thing, also hard to replicate when not at home. Ideas?

Delete it and redownload it. Connect your devices to your computer and restore the firmware from the DJI Assistant 2 Consumer blah blah app. You will then, at least, have clean firmware and a new app. DJI support would start you off in this manner as I have learned in the past...If, after that, you still have problems then it's a matter of calling DJI and having them replace the RC, I would expect.

Reactions: RodPad and GFields
Delete it and redownload it. Connect your devices to your computer and restore the firmware from the DJI Assistant 2 Consumer blah blah app. You will then, at least, have clean firmware and a new app. DJI support would start you off in this manner as I have learned in the past...If, after that, you still have problems then it's a matter of calling DJI and having them replace the RC, I would expect.
Will any USB cable do? I’ve been doing updates via RC controller. Will need USB C to USB C I think, wondering if any such data cable will do. Like what hooks my iPhone to CarPlay?

Yeah, I found my cable. Forgot it was USB C both ends. No better after refresh, though of course that was what DJI told me to do. Sending it in.

My Min 3 Pro works fine, but maybe once every minute or two, DJI Fly quits. The drone is still in control. My RC Controller goes back to a picture of a Mini 3, and I have to hit the go fly button to connect. The drone might be 50 yards away, or 300, 80 feet up or 150. I have good signal strength before and after. Much les likely to happen when not standing in my driveway. Transmission menu usually set to auto, have tried various settings same problem. No bothersome interference per transmission menu graph. I tried a mellow Farraday cage around my router, no help. Maybe turn of router, try that? My Air 2S did same thing, also hard to replicate when not at home. Ideas?
Myself and others have had this happen during flight. I was able to repeat it after realizing that brushing the RC screen even a bit from the left side will send it back to the previous screen - the Go Fly screen. The RC remote is pretty small and it's easy for the left thumb to stray onto the screen.
I didn't think about my thumb brushing the screen being the problem the first few times it happened because the controller is slow and it takes a second or so for the screen to change after it's touched.

Myself and others have had this happen during flight. I was able to repeat it after realizing that brushing the RC screen even a bit from the left side will send it back to the previous screen - the Go Fly screen. The RC remote is pretty small and it's easy for the left thumb to stray onto the screen.
I didn't think about my thumb brushing the screen being the problem the first few times it happened because the controller is slow and it takes a second or so for the screen to change after it's touched.
Wow, that could be it! It happens early in flight, where my thumbs might be wandering. My wife watched me yesterday, and at one point it went to some other screen, maybe I had pondered transmission menu for as moment, gone back to video feed. Maybe I wont have to send this in.
Does the first generation RC Pro do the same thing? I had the same “problem” with my Air 2S, which was rock steady usually.
Thanks!

Is there a comparable command to get back to video feed without hitting the GoFly button? I tried various swipes. Would light glove on left hand prevent this?

Is there a comparable command to get back to video feed without hitting the GoFly button? I tried various swipes. Would light glove on left hand prevent this?
Swipe right? Not sure. A glove would help, but then you wouldn't be able to actuate items on the screen with your left hand. Honestly, once you know what the problem is, it's easier to avoid doing it.

Wow, that could be it! It happens early in flight, where my thumbs might be wandering. My wife watched me yesterday, and at one point it went to some other screen, maybe I had pondered transmission menu for as moment, gone back to video feed. Maybe I wont have to send this in.
Does the first generation RC Pro do the same thing? I had the same “problem” with my Air 2S, which was rock steady usually.
Thanks!
It's easy to test - you don't even need to be flying the drone.

Stop any apps the may conflict with FJI Fly, like Litchi, Dronelink, Dronedeploy or drone apps. Sometimes they can interrupt.

Reactions: Capt KO
Would light glove on left hand prevent this?
It might. Would be an easy thing to test.

You could get a cheap pair of gloves and cut off the fingertips for your index fingers so you could use them for touching the screen.

I had forgotten about that issue. It doesn't happen to me as I apparently don't make that action but I have a friend that almost sent his RC Pro back in for that exact same reason.

I think that’s solved for me. I had hundreds of hours of model aircraft experience, with notably dumb controllers, no actionable screens. Upon reflection, change of height is what gets my left hand all over screen. Problem solved. I have some running/sun protection gloves with distal fingers gone. If that doesn’t work in practice, then a cheap, lightweight glove left hand WITHOUT that high tech finger zone for mousing. First trial use of one such high tech glove is about same problem, so my fingertips must be participating.
Thanks all!

Reactions: WanderLost

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13