DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI GO 4 update

bobfa100

Reactions
I made a mistake today; updating Go 4 App before a big shoot. Anybody else experience loss of video on your smartphone? I run Go 4 on my iPhone XR connect via a lightning to USB cable (not to the MicroUSB jack). I had to pause the flight, turn off Go 4, restart it then the video would come back. Shortly, the video on the phone drops again. I can't say with certainty it's the Go 4 updated version, but the controller to Mavic never dropped and I could maintain control. This made an hour shoot into a two hour one. Pretty embarrassing.

Is there a way to go back to the previous version?

Thanks in advance

I made a mistake today; updating Go 4 App before a big shoot. Anybody else experience loss of video on your smartphone? I run Go 4 on my iPhone XR connect via a lightning to USB cable (not to the MicroUSB jack). I had to pause the flight, turn off Go 4, restart it then the video would come back. Shortly, the video on the phone drops again. I can't say with certainty it's the Go 4 updated version, but the controller to Mavic never dropped and I could maintain control. This made an hour shoot into a two hour one. Pretty embarrassing.

Is there a way to go back to the previous version?

Thanks in advance

Depends on your technical ability and how well you can follow directions. Not super easily but if you are at least a little patient you can do it.

Read instructions first and realize when he talks about needing to down grade to iTunes 12.6 to download the app to your iPhone in the video but this is outdated and won’t work for you anyway with an XR. It goes over that in the directions but the harder part which is using the proxy server is still relevant in the video.

By downloading the app this way you get Apple to sign the app with your Apple ID so it will always be signed just like you are use as if it was downloaded from the App Store. Because it is. You do it once and never have to do anything ever again.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willsmatt