DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI mini 2 to se main board swap.

Goldwin

Reactions
Dear fellow mini pilots, please can someone tell me if by replacing the mini se mainboard from my mini2 spares or repair craft will it then allow me to use the ocusync C5 transmitter on my mini se.If you could let me know I would be very grateful and if not which part would it be that needs swapping over to accomplish my goal, thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_20220329_145012763.jpg
    IMG_20220329_145012763.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 8
Then you probably face problems pairing the camera/gimbal and/to the 'new' main board.

Besides, if range is your concern, my mavic mini can easily fly beyond my VLOS .....easily.
Signal strength/'quality'? I haven't really paid much attention to that unless I get a warning and, in that regard, nothing really stands out in my memory that would allow me to differentiate between my Mavic Mini and the Mini 2...... except that it is easier to orientate the mavic mini controller's antennae for best reception than it is to 'orientate' the mini 2 controller's antennae.
I wouldn't try it.

PS. Would the drone's antennae be suitable?

Last edited:
Then you probably face problems pairing the camera/gimbal and/to the 'new' main board.

Besides, if range is your concern, my mavic mini can easily fly beyond my VLOS .....easily.
Signal strength/'quality'? I haven't really paid much attention to that unless I get a warning and, in that regard, nothing really stands out in my memory that would allow me to differentiate between my Mavic Mini and the Mini 2...... except that it is easier to orientate the mavic mini controller's antennae for best reception than it is to 'orientate' the mini 2 controller's antennae.
I wouldn't try it.

PS. Would the drone's antennae be suitable?
I really appreciate your input,Thank you very much, Yes range in built up areas was my main curiosity and the way ocusync is meant to be better when penetrating buildings as well as preferreing the feel and weight of the C5 transmitter but if it isn't just a simple hot swap of the board and pairing issues will arise I most definitely won't start touching the new se mini that I've just bought, thanks very much Yorkshire pud.

Reactions: Yorkshire_Pud

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deepdark