DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI mini 3 aircraft, water damage after falling into a lake

Pleopard

Reactions
Hi all,
Yesterday I went around a beautiful lake to practice active track mode with my DJI mini 3 pro while I was kayaking, well that was a bad idea because the lack of side sensor caused a crash on tip of tree and the aircraft end up fallen in the fresh water lake and had a chance to see the bottom of lake for about less than 5 min, I removed the battery right after the recovered it, and both battery and aircraft dispensing fresh water for 10 min or so, after all shaking presses done, I dried them up hair air dryer, put them in separate zip lock bag with bunch of Silica Gel for about 24 hours, I test the air craft with another battery and I noticed every thing is just normal with connection and flying even I record some good quality video and nothing wrong with controlling it, that been said, I did noticed that as soon as I inserted the battery the aircraft turned on by itself and since then no matter what battery I used, the aircraft won't turned off, after second press and hold the turn ON/Off button the light bar start counting down and then came up aging until I remove the battery and it get so hot...
I already updated the newest firmware but it didn't help out.
please if anybody knows what's going let me know, I don't have DJI care and there is no warranty left since I purchased it more than year ago.

thanks for any help

Sorry to hear. Not sure I can help answer your concerns but unfortunately with that kind of behavior after the exposure to water and that kind of damage, it's only a matter of time before the drone fails completely even if you were able to temporarily restart and fly it again.

Appears that there's still water inside shorting out a contact, opening the drone to continue the drying procedure may be required. Check youtube videos for how-to. The wet battery cannot be saved.

Appears that there's still water inside shorting out a contact, opening the drone to continue the drying procedure may be required. Check youtube videos for how-to. The wet battery cannot be saved.

^^This. I've seen exactly this problem posted here before after a similar incident. Thoroughly drying the aircraft inside and out fixed it.

Try setting it near the output of a portable forced-air space heater (i.e. one with a fan), facing in to the airflow. keep it far enough that the air at that distance is pretty warm, but not hot.

Reactions: MS Coast
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poppy52