DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Do these M3P shots seem a bit over-saturated?

PAW

Premium Pilot
Reactions
M3P, auto, jpg fresh ooc with just a crop applied. They seem quite over-saturated to me.

24.JPG
70.JPG
166.JPG

Last edited:
I would be more focused on corrections to the light - especially the shadow areas.

Sure, I can work the RAW files to reduce saturation and improve the tones and colors. Just felt that for a jpg free from any efforts to post-process, the photos were heavily oversaturated.

Sure, I can work the RAW files to reduce saturation and improve the tones and colors. Just felt that for a jpg free from any efforts to post-process, the photos were heavily oversaturated.

When I first got my Mavic 3 Pro the first thing I did was to shoot with RAW +JPEG so I could compare what DJI intended with what I wanted from my imagery. I did build a color profile preset for each of the lens/sensors based on the jpegs and typically end up a bit less on the green saturation levels but found it worthwhile to use the jpegs for comparison.

I personally have no use for the jpegs beyond that and have switched back to my own default which is RAW only.

Agreed, I shoot RAW +JPEG and use the jpgs for decision-making on which RAW photos to invest my time with. Occasionally, I'll use them for a quick, no work needed, photo to include in an email or text.

Raw only and use Bridge for review. The jpegs do look very saturated. Good to know. I’ve never tried them.

I only shoot RAW and post process in Light room or Photoshop. You have so much more control and can get the results you want without a bunch of effort. As long as you don't over expose, you can tweak until it looks the way you want it to.

Reactions: waynorth
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d