DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Do you store your MA2 with props on?

Seagull01

Reactions
Hi, new Mavic Air 2 user here. I bought the fly more combo and I was wondering if it was a good idea to store it in the provided bag with the props on? Up to now, I've been removing them and putting the foam protectors back on, but it adds so much time when I want to take it out and fly. I've seen a couple of YouTube vids where the guys seem to store it with props on, but it's a little tight and I wonder if, over time, it may warp the props. Any thoughts?

Hi, new Mavic Air 2 user here. I bought the fly more combo and I was wondering if it was a good idea to store it in the provided bag with the props on? Up to now, I've been removing them and putting the foam protectors back on, but it adds so much time when I want to take it out and fly. I've seen a couple of YouTube vids where the guys seem to store it with props on, but it's a little tight and I wonder if, over time, it may warp the props. Any thoughts?
I used a 1in wide piece or Velcro strap I had, cut to the proper length to hold them still. I do not fix it tight justly not to stress the props. Just hold them enough to slip the ma2 in the bag without problem. I used maybe 8 to 10 inches of the tissue part and 1.5 inch of the gripping one to hold the strap in place. Cost: about $2.00

Reactions: gb160
Thanks for your reply Snow-man. Sounds like a good idea. Can I ask how long you've been doing that? I still just worry the tightness of the bag may slightly deform the props over time.

Thanks for your reply Snow-man. Sounds like a good idea. Can I ask how long you've been doing that? I still just worry the tightness of the bag may slightly deform the props over time.
Have my drone since 3weeks and it is pretty much loose in my bag. I put all the stuff exactly like it was when purchased except for the foam for the drone that I removed. I also store it with the gimbal upward. Absolutely no problem whatsoever.

Absolutely I have been flying DJI for 3 years I have 850 flights I have never removed my props on any of my drones i own MA2 MA MP MP2 Spark for my son the veldcro strap idea is a great one it’s what I do it just makes it easier to put in and out also I loved the sac they sell

Hey Seagull 01. I have been doing this with my Mavic Air (now sold) for 2 years and my Mavic 2 Pro (one year old). I never noticed any difference. See photos- a simple rubber band. Very very expensive!

Attachments

• Mavic 2 Pro with rubber band in case.jpg
    Mavic 2 Pro with rubber band in case.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 52
  • Mavic 2 Pro with rubber band.jpg
    Mavic 2 Pro with rubber band.jpg
    934 KB · Views: 52
Hey Seagull 01. I have been doing this with my Mavic Air (now sold) for 2 years and my Mavic 2 Pro (one year old). I never noticed any difference. See photos- a simple rubber band. Very very expensive!
Haha, thanks DaleD, you're obviously a real Rockefeller! I'm not sure I could stretch to a whole elastic band!

Only time I remove props is for replacement or if working on the drone indoors. Don't want to hurt your fingers = )
Thanks DagDerniT, it certainly seems the consensus is not to bother removing the props. I'm obviously being over-careful.

LOL, I bought the top and bottom holders and find them a bit of a PITA to put on and take off...I just went downstairs and found the perfect rubber band!
What took me almost a minute or so now takes about 3 seconds...great idea, thanks!

Reactions: dawgpilot
LOL, I bought the top and bottom holders and find them a bit of a PITA to put on and take off...I just went downstairs and found the perfect rubber band!
What took me almost a minute or so now takes about 3 seconds...great idea, thanks!
I sorta look for looser rubber band
Not real tight!

Yes that's what I meant by perfect...just enuf to hold in place without squeezing...thanks again :)

Yikes! Let's hope that DJI doesn't read this or next think you know they'll be coming out with $19.99 DJI approved elastic expansion propeller security systems! :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: G Randy Brown
Yikes! Let's hope that DJI doesn't read this or next think you know they'll be coming out with $19.99 DJI approved elastic expansion propeller security systems! :rolleyes:
It's funny but we already had this discussion and I submitted photos of my rubber band solution many months ago. If anyone feels that I am jeopardizing my propellers I'd certainly like to know!! I don't use tight rubber bands. but the looser ones.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zenbookwriting