DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Don't Be Cold

Twocalf

Reactions
This video contains clips from several of my first M2P flights in March near my home in northcentral Idaho:

<iframe src="Don't Be Cold from Mike Lechner on Vimeo" width="640" height="564" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; fullscreen" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Most of the clips were shot in 4k HQ with various manual shutter/aperture settings. At the time I didn't have any UV or polarizing filters so setting the exposure was very difficult given the bright sky and snowy conditions when I shot these clips yeilding in some under and over exposed material. I edited the clips in Adobe Premier and used several LUT's I purchased from Film Poet (SkyGrades). I rendered out the final clip using Adobe's Media Encoder using a constant bit rate (CBR) of 100 trying to give it the best look I could before Vimeo compressed it. But it looks like they got a good wack at it.

Be gentle, this is my first submission.
TwoCalf

I tried to embed the Vimeo video screen in my post but obviously messed up. When I tried using just the Vimeo URL link for this video I saw that people could see my entire Vimeo "account" after the video played. I wanted to avoid that but the way I copied the "embedded" stuff from this Vimeo video (their website) and then pasted it into this Mavic post didn't work like I thought. How do you do it properly?
Thanks.

I tried to embed the Vimeo video screen in my post but obviously messed up. When I tried using just the Vimeo URL link for this video I saw that people could see my entire Vimeo "account" after the video played. I wanted to avoid that but the way I copied the "embedded" stuff from this Vimeo video (their website) and then pasted it into this Mavic post didn't work like I thought. How do you do it properly?
Thanks.
Seems to work as you intended now.
Interesting, but a tad long for my taste.

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind for my next try. So unless the video is highly riveting, what would be an appropriate length for a video for most viewers...in your opinion?

Thank you, I'll try to keep things short and sweet for any future postings.

I'm still not sure how to properly post a video on this forum so that the Vimeo (or YouTube) video player is in the body of the post. The embedded data function from Vimeo that I copied to my clipboard and then pasted into my Mavic post did not result in an "embedded" video. I've done a search here and thus far have only seen copying a url link into the post.

For YouTube.... upload your video, select it, then select the “share” link, next select how you want it sent to you. You will see the link and can either copy it there or send it to yourself. Once you have the link just paste it in your message as text (don’t use the media link)
.... and viola!

Enjoyed the scenery but for me, the music killed the video.

Reactions: sdold
gfieldsr: I can respect that...I personally get a bit tired of the "same" style drone music but it certainly has it place with many videos.

Reactions: sdold
This video contains clips from several of my first M2P flights in March near my home in northcentral Idaho:

<iframe src="Don't Be Cold from Mike Lechner on Vimeo" width="640" height="564" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; fullscreen" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Most of the clips were shot in 4k HQ with various manual shutter/aperture settings. At the time I didn't have any UV or polarizing filters so setting the exposure was very difficult given the bright sky and snowy conditions when I shot these clips yeilding in some under and over exposed material. I edited the clips in Adobe Premier and used several LUT's I purchased from Film Poet (SkyGrades). I rendered out the final clip using Adobe's Media Encoder using a constant bit rate (CBR) of 100 trying to give it the best look I could before Vimeo compressed it. But it looks like they got a good wack at it.

Be gentle, this is my first submission.
TwoCalf
Cool. I mean cold.
Any possibility of replicating essential shots during summer?

Drone on:
Thanks! Yes, I plan on doing that very thing with the old barn and machinery as those locations are only a few miles from my house.

Drone on:
Thanks! Yes, I plan on doing that very thing with the old barn and machinery as those locations are only a few miles from my house.
Cool. I mean Hot
I look forward to seeing the compilation

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13