DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Exposure lock doesn't.

guzewski

Reactions
I'm trying something with my Mavic 3 Classis. I normally shoot in pro mode, but I thought that maybe auto with exposure lock might be a decent way to do it. I kind of aim the drone at the brightest scene, maybe compensate a bit, and then lock it. Everything works great for a while, maybe 20 seconds,, and then the exposure suddenly darkens by almost two stops. It's kind of weird. I've reverted to pro mode, which I should probably rely on anyway, but I wonder what's up with the exposure lock giving up. Anyone else have this happen to them?

I’m going to try it (if I remember) and see. We are getting more light each day so it should be ok to fly by 11:30 or so…

Please let me know if it works for you. I'm curious.
I just went out for a few minutes. I flew a bit over 4min with exposure lock and no problem. Of course if you change exposure in any way then it's no longer locked but mine held a lock for 4min with no issue. I am on firmware 1.00.0900 which is not the latest. App version 1.9.1.

I just went out for a few minutes. I flew a bit over 4min with exposure lock and no problem. Of course if you change exposure in any way then it's no longer locked but mine held a lock for 4min with no issue. I am on firmware 1.00.0900 which is not the latest. App version 1.9.1.
Hmmm... I'm going to try it again and pay attention to any thing I might have done my accident.
Thanks for the info.

I'm trying something with my Mavic 3 Classis. I normally shoot in pro mode, but I thought that maybe auto with exposure lock might be a decent way to do it.
If you want to lock exposure, you do that by setting the exposure parameters in pro mode.
Leaving the camera in auto mode is never going to lock exposure.
I kind of aim the drone at the brightest scene, maybe compensate a bit, and then lock it.
How do you "lock it"?

If you want to lock exposure, you do that by setting the exposure parameters in pro mode.
Leaving the camera in auto mode is never going to lock exposure.

How do you "lock it"?
You can assign C1 or C2 as Exposure Lock. I think there's some way to tap on the screen to lock exposure as well, but I use C1. I'm starting to wonder if I pressed C1 accidentally and turned off exposure lock. I was facing a bright part of the scene when it happened, and maybe that's why the exposure darkened suddenly.

Here's a short clip that shows what happened:

The screen press is a tap and hold to show a circle with a lock image. My c1/c2 are exposure decrease and increase which I use regularly.

Reactions: guzewski
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d