DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FCC hack on FW version 0500.

Darkabaz

Reactions
Hello,

Who have update there rc pro to version .0500 and still have (or not) the FC hack from drone-hacks?
there are lot of rumours from people who have it worked and a lot from those who have not

Maybe good to discuss about this. Tell us from which version you come and how you update (assistant or rc )

I've just joined to post this.
I've updated the RC Pro Controller, actually the Drone and Fly App. It broke the FCC patch from Drone-Hacks.

I've just joined to post this.
I've updated the RC Pro Controller, actually the Drone and Fly App. It broke the FCC patch from Drone-Hacks.
It was good while it lasted!
However, it was inevitable that DJI would eventually patch the code that enabled it. They have a long history of doing so, creating anti-rollback FW, and adding new features that come with the poison pill, often without disclosing the anti-rollback! "Ooops! We're sorry. Too bad."

If you have a complete system that is working for you: controller, tablet, and drone, sandbox it so that no update to any one component can break it! Also, do not update the operating system on any device/tablet being used!

Have a completely sandboxed system for each new drone.
I've followed that procedure for every drone.
It's expensive to buy a new tablet and RC every time you buy a new drone, but it works!

After confirming that the newest RC Pro FW was incompatible with my older Mavic 3 FW, I had to buy a brand new RC Pro for the Mavic 3 Pro to sandbox my Mavic 3 on its older FW with its RC Pro!

At least now, I can safely update the newest RC Pro and the Mavic3 Pro without jeopardizing my Mavic 3 system. Those new features added yesterday were worth it!

It was good while it lasted!
However, it was inevitable that DJI would eventually patch the code that enabled it. They have a long history of doing so, creating anti-rollback FW, and adding new features that come with the poison pill, often without disclosing the anti-rollback! "Ooops! We're sorry. Too bad."

If you have a complete system that is working for you: controller, tablet, and drone, sandbox it so that no update to any one component can break it! Also, do not update the operating system on any device/tablet being used!

Have a completely sandboxed system for each new drone.
I've followed that procedure for every drone.
It's expensive to buy a new tablet and RC every time you buy a new drone, but it works!

After confirming that the newest RC Pro FW was incompatible with my older Mavic 3 FW, I had to buy a brand new RC Pro for the Mavic 3 Pro to sandbox my Mavic 3 on its older FW with its RC Pro!

At least now, I can safely update the newest RC Pro and the Mavic3 Pro without jeopardizing my Mavic 3 system. Those new features added yesterday were worth it!
Once you have FCC Mode it's difficult to go back to being "normal" again.
I hope Drone-Hacks keep working on a solution and they haven't abandoned the project.

I agree, the new features are worth it. I wouldn't have upgraded for minor tweaks.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure