DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First encounter with Active Track 2.0 while skiing in French Alps

Hi - Are you the subject or the operator of the drone? If you are both, are you carrying the controller? Did you retrieve the drone yourself after the shot?

My brother races dirt track cars around an oval track reaching up to about 50 mph.
How would actrive track work for this using my mavic pro 2? I guess he would have to keep controller in car and be back to the pit within about 20 minutes so i could lsnd it. Would the altitude need to be set higher than the tallest nearby structure before starting the mode or let obstacle avoidance deal with that? Must keep in mind fans are in bleachers. It all sounds a bit nerve racking to me

Last edited:
Beautiful film - well done! Excuse the stupid question from a beginner, but how do you set the height so you can avoid trees, chairlift cables etc?

Beautiful film - well done! Excuse the stupid question from a beginner, but how do you set the height so you can avoid trees, chairlift cables etc?
Not a stupid question but obviously poor interaction on this forum since many could answer our questions but choose to sit on the sidelines and just troll. Try the phantom forum. Much better group.

Nothing special, leave it up to Active Track 2.0 ;-)

Since I came back here by "accident" I seem to have read that with Active Track 2.0 you do not need to keep the phone on, unlike with Active Track on the MP, Spark or Air where turning off the phone just stops tracking. Can anyone confirm this ? Thanks !

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman