DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First Night time flight with CS Ultra

rfc

Reactions
I'm planning to shoot a night time "torchlight" parade at a local ski area (Skiers come down the mountain holding road flares on poles...very cool. I thought I'd get some night flying practice in before the event. I'm posting this in the CS forum as my questions are CS related.
1. Once aloft, I clicked on the map, for navigation. It brought up a screen that said "GPS is not enabled; would you like to enable it?" or something like that.

I clicked OK, and it brought up a screen (that just about blinded me, as it was mostly white...more on that later). After I figured out this was talking about the CS, I clicked OK, but could not get out of the screen. There was absolutely no button, arrow or other indicator on the screen to get rid of it. I pushed every button on the side of the CS and (finally) when I pushed the bottom one...with the little "go back" loopy thing, it got me back to my Go4 screen.

But not before I got a low battery warning. I immediately forgot about getting rid of the GPS screen, and used the telemetry on the controller to RTH and manually land, but it got my adrenaline going for a bit.

So: I didn't realize the CS could use or not use GPS. Why turn it off? Why was it off? Is this like "Location Services" on IOS?

2. Regarding screen brightness...I got the Ultra for mid day full sunlight use...it's fabulous. But even at it's lowest setting, at night it's blinding. Is there a way to further knock it back further (other than putting an ND4 film over the screen, lol.)?

Flying at night with the Mavic is much like flying at night in a small airplane...it may be VFR but in many ways you have to use IFR skills...paying attention to altitude, heading, speed etc., to fly safely.

When I use the CS at night I lower the brightness with the slider and not auto brightness. That seems to help.
But that is on my 5.5", I haven't used my 7.85" Ultra at night yet so I don't know how bright it's lowest setting would be.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DJIMavic3cine