DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 Flying in France, Location 6

rwarrior

Reactions
So this was the last, but as it turned out, my favourite location in my Flying in France series. We spent a lovely afternoon at the Pont du Gard, near Nîmes, Uzés and Avignon, in the heart of a region with a rich historical heritage. The Pont du Gard aqueduct is a marvel of antiquity and a true technical feat. At 48 metres high, it has three vertical rows of arches: 6 on the lowest level, 11 on the second level and 35 on the third and top level. Its upper part reaches a length of 273 metres (originally 360 metres when there were twelve extra arches).
Hope you enjoy it !

It is really good engineering when something can last that long. And they didn't have computers to help design it.
Curious though...were you not allowed to fly over it or was that a personal choice?

Reactions: rwarrior
Magnificent structure. There would be many tempted to fly through the arches. Well shot ( and I wonder if the person in the front of the kayak knows the person behind ain’t paddling !) Thanks for sharing .. enjoyed watching it.

Reactions: rwarrior
It is really good engineering when something can last that long. And they didn't have computers to help design it.
Curious though...were you not allowed to fly over it or was that a personal choice?
Hi Prop Wash, yeah, it's amazing how they built such reliable and sturdy constructions. Looking at it at close view amazes me even more...
I did want to fly over it, as it was not a NFZ, but decided not to for 2 reasons:
1. there were a few groups of people walking and chatting along the bridge, and I thought I'd not fly over people;
2. just as I arrived, there was another droner flying a Mavic 3 at high speed over the bridge, several times, and I didn't feel comfortable about me joining in...maybe it's just me, but I'd rather be as anonymous as possible when I'm flying, as a tourist, especially in locations like these.
Anyway, I'm glad I got the footage I did..haha
Cheers, and fly safe!

Reactions: Prop Wash
Magnificent structure. There would be many tempted to fly through the arches. Well shot ( and I wonder if the person in the front of the kayak knows the person behind ain’t paddling !) Thanks for sharing .. enjoyed watching it.
Hi platty, thanks, glad you enjoyed it!
Though it would have been a nice shot, I didn't fly through the arches nor over the bridge for the reasons I mentioned above to Prop Wash i.e. people walking, and another drone flying at high speed...And well spotted about the kayaking malingerer...I didn't notice it before ..haha
Thanks and fly safe!
Ranjit

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13