DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Follow mode + Intervalometer

Citizen Flier

Reactions
I haven't flown recently as most eye candy in my area is NFZ, so skills/knowledge are rusty.

Can M2P be setup to follow AND snap stills with intervalometer? I.E. I want to follow a (slow moving, well defined) bicyclist, snapping 3 bracketed stills every 2 secs.

This is a remote location, so it'll have to be selfies. Can't keep an eye on the controller while riding bike. But I'll be in audio range, and can hear if the unit pauses/hovers etc. Each sequence should take no more than a minute. I just need photos of a cyclist riding on a barren ridge top. And best to have bracketed photos, in series of 3. I've shot bracketed stills before, but not in follow mode. Any additional suggestions appreciated.

Thanks,
-Rusty Skilz

Nope. Hyperlapse (timelapse with intervalometer) is a canned Intelligent Flight Mode that allows Free, Circle, Course Lock, and Waypoint, but has no Follow functionality.

What's more, it would not bracket like that -- it simply shoots one frame on an interval, though I must admit that I haven't tried putting the camera into AEB mode before doing a Hyperlapse.

You could try LITCHI, which allows a number of actions at each waypoint in a Waypoint Mission (which may include AEB shots), but that's not a Follow mode either.

The more you try to go outside of the pre-programmed IFMs, the more you just need an assistant.

Chris

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13