DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Pro Fort Myers "City of Palms"

MPone

Reactions

Fort Myers also known as "City of Palms" is a gateway to the Southwest Florida region and a major tourist destination within Florida. Home to the winter estates of Thomas Edison ("Seminole Lodge") and Henry Ford ("The Mangoes"). The city is named after Colonel Abraham Myers, the quartermaster general of the Confederate States Army. As of the 2019 U.S. Census, the population was estimated at 87,103. Spain originally had colonial influence in Florida, succeeded by Great Britain and lastly the United States.

Fort Myers also known as "City of Palms" is a gateway to the Southwest Florida region and a major tourist destination within Florida. Home to the winter estates of Thomas Edison ("Seminole Lodge") and Henry Ford ("The Mangoes"). The city is named after Colonel Abraham Myers, the quartermaster general of the Confederate States Army. As of the 2019 U.S. Census, the population was estimated at 87,103. Spain originally had colonial influence in Florida, succeeded by Great Britain and lastly the United States.
This was a well produced and filmed visit to Ft. Myers,FL! There was a good mixture of drone views of the causeways, the waterfront marinas, and tower and condos, as well as the street life of the main town, with hand held camera video views of local businesses. All done very well. I might quibble a bit that many of the waterfront scenes and streets were repetitive making the film a bit longer than most people will stay with. Since I am very INTO this kind of story telling film with a good mix of aerial and hand held camera crews, I loved it.

I would be interested in knowing the hand held video camera you are using? (Osmo Action, Osmo Mobile Osmo Pocket???).

Dale
Miami

Reactions: MPone
This was a well produced and filmed visit to Ft. Myers,FL! There was a good mixture of drone views of the causeways, the waterfront marinas, and tower and condos, as well as the street life of the main town, with hand held camera video views of local businesses. All done very well. I might quibble a bit that many of the waterfront scenes and streets were repetitive making the film a bit longer than most people will stay with. Since I am very INTO this kind of story telling film with a good mix of aerial and hand held camera crews, I loved it.

I would be interested in knowing the hand held video camera you are using? (Osmo Action, Osmo Mobile Osmo Pocket???).

Dale
Miami
Yes I know. Just too many good footage to leave out. Thanks for the compliment. I use the DJI Pocket 2 for ground shots with the Freewell Wide angle lens with ND.

I live in Ft. Myers and work on Sanibel… you did a great job capturing them! It’s amazing how much of a difference the time of day and sun angle makes on the water

Reactions: MPone
I live in Ft. Myers and work on Sanibel… you did a great job capturing them! It’s amazing how much of a difference the time of day and sun angle makes on the water
Yup! When the sun is low it does give a more dynamic effect. I live on the North side. We should meet up someday and go fly drones :)

Reactions: Vapor069
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pilot74sparki