DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Generic propellers

Gros2

Reactions
Well I’m looking at grabbing a few propellers. Can u mix generic and offical propellers?

Is it worth just buying some new platinum style generics?

Is there a down side to carbon fibre eg if they hit a branch instead of flexing they will brake mounts ect.

4/8pcs For DJI Mavic PRO Platinum 8331 Low-Noise Quick-Release Propellers | eBay

This is the set I was thinking of getting obviously I can’t mix these with my 8330’s but could they be mixed with 8831’s I can prolly flog off all my original 8830’s to a mate and just grab 4 or so pairs of these. I don’t care about about flight time /noise I just expect to fly my drone hard and want spares.

Can u mix generic and offical propellers?
It's not a good idea to mix any props. Will it work? Maybe. Will you crash if it doesn't work? Maybe.

Is it worth just buying some new platinum style generics?
A lot of people have been posting about issues with 3rd party Mavic props. If you're not into experimenting (or possibly totaling your Mavic), then stick with OEM DJI props. If you're dead set on buying 3rd party props, then make sure the model you choose has good reviews before placing an order.

Look at it this way.

The only thing between your thousand dollar investment, and the ground, is those spinning pieces of plastic. Also the only thing between the camera and potential vibrations which will ruin your video is also those props.

Any tiny flaw or error in manufacturing is going to show up in your video, or worse, result in a loss or destruction of your craft.

Is it really worth saving a couple of bucks?

I'm usually a cheap ***, but the one thing I won't cheap out on is props. OEM for piece of mind.

Reactions: wytnyt
I order a set direct from DJI. I wanted another set but didn't want to deal with the signature requirements ordering direct with DJI. So I ordered a set off Amazon. I didn't relize at the time they were nock offs. When I opened the package and compared then with OEM what a difference. The knock off are complete crap. The pins holding the blades are off center and do not thread all the way through. I did get a refund but no I wouldn't even chance flying with those things

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fredguillot02