DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gilbert AZ Rookie Mavic Mini pilot.....Any tips?

RookieMavDog

Reactions
I have read some posts about people losing their Mini, so I am very cautious at flying high. The wind here in Arizona seems to be light to me on most days. Am I correct? It was a blast to fly around the park for 20 mins yesterday. Amazing really compared to a 100 drone I purchased online before. So any tips would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

welcome to the forum ,download the manual and absorb the content 200 ft is plenty high enough for the MM due to its size and if you can try to fly into the wind on the outwards leg so you have the benefit of the wind helping the drone to return to the home point in case of an issue

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching
and stay safe.. Thumbswayup

Welcome RookieMavDog
I'd strongly recommend you get UAV forecast on your mobile device and check it before flying, it's usually very accurate and gives wind velocities at altitude. which is really important!
Happy flying, the mini is tiny but perfectly formed..

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Welcome RMD.
Just have a good read up here about wind, power issues sometimes, and rare (but frequently reported) uncommanded descent (UD) issues.
Living in Gilbert, you shouldn't have too much water to fly over, which is a real danger with UD, maybe fly over dry land for a while until you feel more confident it's not going to happen too soon with yours.
Then you can go do a run along Salt River, or around "the Islands' etc, which looks interesting.
Enjoy the mini.

Welcome RookieMavDog
I'd strongly recommend you get UAV forecast on your mobile device and check it before flying, it's usually very accurate and gives wind velocities at altitude. which is really important!
Happy flying, the mini is tiny but perfectly formed..

The importance of this app cannot be overstated. Ground wind and wind at altitude can have a shocking difference. It also shows number of satellites available for control, as well as the predicted wind the next day.

I have read some posts about people losing their Mini, so I am very cautious at flying high. The wind here in Arizona seems to be light to me on most days. Am I correct? It was a blast to fly around the park for 20 mins yesterday. Amazing really compared to a 100 drone I purchased online before. So any tips would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.
Welcome to the forum from another Gilbert desert rat! Enjoy.
if you haven’t yet read the full 60 page online only DJI manual for your drone get it here.

Reactions: Thomas B
Wow thanks for the warm welcome guys. I have downloaded the UAV forecast app and am in the process of reading the online manual and the tips from msinger. This should give me a great head start. I am avoiding water at all costs for a couple months, by then I will definitely be more daring. Special thanks to my neighbor Thomas B and all of you for the quick support!

Welcome to the forum. I also fly a MM and have enjoyed many flights. You will find all sorts of support and suggestions. Enjoy your flying. We look forward to seeing your part of the world.

Reactions: Thomas B
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
360Guy