DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Glare in camera

conair mavic pro

Reactions
Gday fellow mavic pilots
You'll have to excuse my ignorance as I've only just bought my mavic pro, took it out for first today and have notice somthing in the camera field of veiw as can be seen in the picture attached, has anyone else encountered this as I can't see anything on lens or camera cover, has anyone else encountered this??
0c4d410c0c32eb50659e47e7ceca0be1.jpg

Dont take pics or vids with the cover. But you can fly with it for protection if you want.

Im so so glad that i wasn't the only one with the glare but I seem to only get it when the sunlight hits it, I understand now from the replies that your not suppose to fly with the gimbal cover on , since i only have only 45 mins of flight time I feel safer with it on , i also purchased an ND2 filter gimbal cover it now has a more sinister look as i am flying

Im so so glad that i wasn't the only one with the glare but I seem to only get it when the sunlight hits it, I understand now from the replies that your not suppose to fly with the gimbal cover on , since i only have only 45 mins of flight time I feel safer with it on , i also purchased an ND2 filter gimbal cover it now has a more sinister look as i am flying
You must not fly with the bubble. The cooling system need air, and with the bubble you are obstructing it.

Reactions: StinkyPete
And makes funny streaks on your video
I did the same thing for first few flights
Duh
Instructions didn’t tell you that
Or I was too excited to fly and I missed it
Oh well
Every flight is a learning experience

It won't over heat because there is an air intake slot on the clear plastic shield. And I too, flew with it on the first several flights so as not the damage the camera, it seemed pretty fragile. But it really is stronger then you think. Not indestructible though. So I bought this lens hoods.
Screen Shot 2017-12-06 at 6.36.42 AM.png
and was fine for photos, but not for videos. when the mavic started and stopped it would cause a dark bank across the top or bottom of the video. So then I bought one of these.
Screen Shot 2017-12-06 at 6.37.41 AM.png
and really like how it works. I will still use the clear plastic one, when I put my Mavic in its case for transportation to protect the camera and gimbal.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman