DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 3 Glastonbury Tor - A sunny Autumn Visit

AlbionDrones

Reactions
Site
www.youtube.com
A long day out to help a friend - by fetching his breeding Siamese Queen back from the breeders - afforded us a chance for a short visit to Glastonbury and a walk up the Tor.

Arriving at 0900 we were on top of the Tor for 0935 to find it deserted, but after catching our breath it soon got bus, so a tune or 3 on my NA Syle Bb3 Raven drone flute - well received by those who listened - and then a quick flight of the Drone. Sadly it was too busy at the top to fly, so we rereated along the ridge to the other end, affording us good VLOS and a quieter area.

Suspect that you are a fastidious checker re “can I fly here” so it has to be OK. I have always thought it would be a no-go area for us dronie. Great film that makes the most of this brilliant location. Always learn from your shot selection. Very impressed with visitors who “run” up the tor!!

Reactions: AlbionDrones
Hi Twickers, thanks for the kind words, they are appreciated, glad my shots and editing are appreciated :) Perhaps I overdid the speeding up on one shot to make the 'runners' run, but wanted to make the most of the footage..., :)

Yes, I do check a lot on the permissions for sites, although technically NT, it is also marked as a park, and I know several folks who have flown in the past, myself included at 615am in February earlier this year when in the area with work... There are no no drone signs or NT wardens atop the Tor, and no-one is policing the site for drone flyers, so use common sense and keep VLOS...

Reactions: twickers14
Beautifully done, as usual. What was the purpose of building that tower on the top of the hill? I was amazed to find it empty from top to bottom when you flew over it.

Beautifully done, as usual. What was the purpose of building that tower on the top of the hill? I was amazed to find it empty from top to bottom when you flew over it.
Thanks Jim, appreciated... Originally it was St Michaels Church, but the rest of it was destroyed in a 12th C earthquake...

Awesome video

A long day out to help a friend - by fetching his breeding Siamese Queen back from the breeders - afforded us a chance for a short visit to Glastonbury and a walk up the Tor.

Arriving at 0900 we were on top of the Tor for 0935 to find it deserted, but after catching our breath it soon got bus, so a tune or 3 on my NA Syle Bb3 Raven drone flute - well received by those who listened - and then a quick flight of the Drone. Sadly it was too busy at the top to fly, so we rereated along the ridge to the other end, affording us good VLOS and a quieter area.

Beautifully shot. Wish I could have had a drone with me when my wife & walked up it twice in the one day back in 2016!

Beautifully shot. Wish I could have had a drone with me when my wife & walked up it twice in the one day back in 2016!
Thank you... there are many places we have been in the last few years I wishI had had a drone, but its a great excuse to go back and revsit them... Not so sure about walkingh the Tor twice in a day though ;)

Nice flight AD.
Church? Gee the congregation would be worn out by the time they limbed up there.
Yeah, there is a suggestion the church was put there to convert the pagans who believed the site a special place, althugh there is also the fact that the Somerset Levels were flooded until quite recently, so a high point would keep you safe from the water - bit extreme there tho...

Great video! I really like the fly around d shots to show a good parallax behind the tower. Gave an 'epic' feel to it.

Great video! I really like the fly around d shots to show a good parallax behind the tower. Gave an 'epic' feel to it.
Thank you, I wanted to do more, but too many people around...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas