DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Goggles RE with Smart Controller and M2P

Roamer105

Reactions
Nice day today and I got to fly two batteries with my new Smart Controller and the RE Goggles. Without even bothering to fix it to 2.4 GHz, I flew out nearly 3 miles with absolutely no problems in two different locations. To my surprise, the SC is WAY better in not only keeping up connections, but for some reason, the Goggles like it better too.

Very excited and liking the SC A LOT!

Reactions: dcrist66
Good to hear you’re getting that sort if range with your goggles. I’m considering the smart controller too. Were you getting that range with the goggles before you used the new controller?
Jamie.

I only managed to fly out to about 2 miles with the RE's and the standard controller when fixing ocusync to 2.4 GHz, standard (720p) and manual channel selection all on the controller, then turn on the goggles (make sure the goggles HD setting is 720p). With this, you are OK for these kinds of distances as long as no sudden interference occurs on that channel since it will not seek alternatives in manual mode. While kept in Auto with the standard controller, switching to alternative channels/frequencies will cause either or both of the components to loose connection "permanently" most of the time where the only remedy is to power down the goggles.

With the new SRC, I have not bothered to use manual mode and when keeping standard (720p) video which is what I use 99% of the times, the communication even to significant distances (approx 3 miles tested so far) or situations where the system is forced to choose alternatives due to strong interference (also tested), the goggles and RC glitches (if you even notice them) recover very quickly. I have not seen the same "permanent" communications breakdown which was common with the original controller and the RE goggles in "auto" mode.

Since I use the goggles for nearly all of my flights (but I never use any head tracking) this improvement with the SRC is huge for me and when I lift up my goggles, I actually can see the bright screen and possibly LOS the drone. I am quite happy with that solution.

Reactions: Jamiep
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
assassin23