DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hammerhead shark

Nice.
I’m working on a camera that will hang under my drone on a line, that I can fly out and then dip into the water to get some underwater shots. Just trying to perfect some fins that will allow the camera to “fly” stable in the water while being dragged along

Reactions: Buddy PR
Nice.
I’m working on a camera that will hang under my drone on a line, that I can fly out and then dip into the water to get some underwater shots. Just trying to perfect some fins that will allow the camera to “fly” stable in the water while being dragged along

Interesting and Dangerous, risky, I could imagine a bigger fish taking a bite at the camera and pulling your complete setup into the water..

I lost a lot of quality on the video transferring it from one place to the other. But I still have the original.

Good point. May definately need a break point that would save the drone from being pulled in

Nice.
Nice.
As a qualified scuba diver for 45 years and underwater film & videographer for the past 40 years and a drone flyer for the past 2 years, may I suggest that you'd be better advised (if you're not already) to take up scuba diving and forget about hanging a camera from underneath a drone into water, unless the wind is zero and there's no water movement. The one thing you'll learn is that its easier said than done to keep any camera stable if shooting underwater video or photos unless you have hold of the camera rig firmly in your hands. Your attempts to dangle a camera from a drone into water is asking for disaster and probably a lost drone and camera!

Point taken. Was just a thought rolling around in my head after seeing a few vids that have been found on gopros that have been washed up.

Reactions: Scubadiver1944
Loved it, what camera was you using underwater? GoPro?

One of my spearfishing videos, my zoom was used for the aerial shots. Enjoy!
Nice close up of a hammerhead. Not that easy, unless you've clearly got speared fish close at hand! I've dived with shoals of hammers many times but not all that easy to get very close to individuals, unless one's baited the water beforehand. One can habituate Tiger sharks and bull sharks to be hand fed like I've witnessed in Fiji and the Bahamas, under carefully controlled conditions, using wheelie bins full of leftovers from the local tuna fish cannery and plenty of shark wranglers with metal prods in case the sharks get too frisky. But at the surface with speared fish? Not for me thanks!

Aquacopter. GoPro attaches in it's waterproof case, to the bottom. Copter can land on water... zoom around, camera actively shows what's underwater...
Also, there is the HexH2O which has a hull, gopro inside, lands on water, flies really well. I have one with an DJI A2 controller... rock solid.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-02-21 at 10.26.32 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-02-21 at 10.26.32 AM.png
    506.9 KB · Views: 5
Yes! It was a earlier version of the go Pro now I have the go Pro seven and I can’t believe the quality of the image it is great.

I upgraded from the GoPro hero4 silver to the hero6 black just before the 7 came out:rolleyes: wow what a difference, love those little cameras;)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zohpar