DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

HDR Images with Mavic

CyberdyneSystems

Reactions
I don't see much effect when choosing the HDR image option in the camera settings? But I prefer to auto bracket exposures and merge them after the fact. But I still get a little motion blur; see stuff off at the horizon in the attached image. And again yes I did have permission to fly at the compressor station in WY. Anyway this image was created from the best two of the five images captured with ABE. But there must have been a small amount of movement between shots. There is a gimbal lock setting for taking images and it was on for this example; would it be better with it off and let the gimbal try to hold framing steady?

IMG_3423.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Skydog
Yes, there's a strong 'double vision' problem, esp visible to left of image (in full res version of course). I don't think HDR is practical except on a rigid mount. If you enable DNG (Raw) and process that, on a single image, you can increase dynamic range substantially by adjusting highlights / shadows / exposure / curves. You can get even more range by doing three separate raw conversions, dark / mid / light, and processing them as layers in Photoshop. That gets you very close to full HDR.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne