DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from So. CA, USA

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Hi, welcome to the forum. I’m in Northern CA but I have sister that lives about 20 miles from you in Oakview and I used to live in Oxnard many many years ago so I know the area a bit.

Feel free to ask any questions.

Thank you to all the warm welcoming replies. I am a 78 year old Sr., just learning to fly. My last flight (fatal to the craft) was one with two wires, a handle and you spun around in circles till you fell down. I am looking forward to learning to fly my Mavic Pro Platinum... Hoped to do the first flight today, but too windy for a beginner like me. Looking forward to more learning from all of you in this wonderful hobby.

Thank you to all the warm welcoming replies. I am a 78 year old Sr., just learning to fly. My last flight (fatal to the craft) was one with two wires, a handle and you spun around in circles till you fell down. I am looking forward to learning to fly my Mavic Pro Platinum... Hoped to do the first flight today, but too windy for a beginner like me. Looking forward to more learning from all of you in this wonderful hobby.
Although you have 10 years on me I was in a similar position as you exactly one year ago. My first drone, and I also had one with strings and a handle when I was a teen, but my last aircraft was a real one 20+ years ago. I have a learned a tremendous amount in the last 12 months. Let me know if you have any questions.

Welcome to the forum! :)

Reactions: Thomas B
Although you have 10 years on me I was in a similar position as you exactly one year ago. My first drone, and I also had one with strings and a handle when I was a teen, but my last aircraft was a real one 20+ years ago. I have a learned a tremendous amount in the last 12 months. Let me know if you have any questions.
Thanks for the offer... I flew yesterday and exhausted 2 batteries. I kept it on Beginner, as that seems logical, still a lot of fun. I always verified the RTH point before launching... I have a Samsung Note 8, but the app dropped off 4 times. It comes back, except for one case when I used RTH and it worked fine. After that, I practiced landing manually. No crashes and a lot of fun.
Question, what do I do beside buy an Apple Phone to fix the crashes?

Thanks for the offer... I flew yesterday and exhausted 2 batteries. I kept it on Beginner, as that seems logical, still a lot of fun. I always verified the RTH point before launching... I have a Samsung Note 8, but the app dropped off 4 times. It comes back, except for one case when I used RTH and it worked fine. After that, I practiced landing manually. No crashes and a lot of fun.
Question, what do I do beside buy an Apple Phone to fix the crashes?
I don’t think I can help on that one since I have been flying with an iPhone X since day one and have never had a problem. Maybe others with Androids can pipe in.

Losing the signal 4 times in a short time in the Fillmore area sounds a little excessive but signal loss can be par for the course. I have good luck with my Iphone. I have tried an Android tablet and had little success, but it wasn't a very expensive tablet. I like your chances of getting some beautiful shot's...I like driving along the 126 any time of the year.

I forgot to mention that I shut down WIFI on my phone before flying...I am about due for a new phone, any suggestions out there?

I forgot to mention that I shut down WIFI on my phone before flying...I am about due for a new phone, any suggestions out there?
Just based on the number of problem reports on this site it seems like iPhones have less issues than Androids when working with DJI drones but many folks will swear by their Android phones. If it was me I would get the largest and brightest new iPhone.

Wondering if there are any groups in North Los Angeles that fly, meet or discuss problems, tips, etc.
Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio! Fly safe and have fun!

I want to thank those members who posted the links to the various manuals on the MPP and the controller. I have saved the PDF's to my desktop and have them handy to read on those rainy days here in SO CA. One is coming on Thursday. I am still flying in my huge church parking lot (in Beginner Mode), with permission, and learning every time I go out. Finally found a reasonably priced case (not plastic hard shell) to keep my equipment in the bag that came with the Flymore Kit is too small. I am loving the hobby. My videos are not worth watching now. But I do enjoy this immensely. Just received the Recreational FAA Card and like that too. Thanks to you all!!! Who says an old dog cannot learn new tricks...
Ron

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fredguillot02