DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello good people in BC (DJI Mini 3 Pro)

You live in a very restrictive country which may work out OK if you have a sub 250 g Drone but I do know that in general Canadian flight rules are very strict. They require you to do something equivalent to the American part 107 or more. Hopefully somebody from Canada will confirm or explain where I am off.
Not as restrictive as some.

Sub-250 g doesn't require a pilot certificate and many restrictions for heavier aircraft don't apply. The legal requirement is that it be flown safely.

250 g to 25 kg require a sRPAS certificate to fly. There are two classes of certificate: basic and advanced. Basic flights are more limited, advanced certification gives you more freedom but requires a flight review as well as having a harder test. Both certificates require recency training every two years. Operations inside control zones require Special Flight Operations Certificates issued on a case-by-case basis in addition to an advanced sRPAS certificate.

Unlike America, the reason for the flight makes no difference whatsoever — all that matters is the aircraft and location. So I could open a business taking real estate photos or doing roof inspections with a Mini and no pilot certificate at all, totally legally, but I would require an advanced sRPAS certificate and a SFOC to fly my Mavic 2 in my back yard.

More details here:

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParHunter