DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hi from Leicester UK

Welcome to the forum! :)

Hey, I’m Matt from just outside Leicester in the uk. Just got hold of a mavic mini and have a few questions.......I’ll add those to the proper forum in a while! I do have one question if I may though....

Do I need to have both a flyer ID and an operator ID for the drone? If not, is it still wise to have both? This will be sorted before the drone comes out the box.

many thanks

Matt

edit. Now have my flyer and operator ID all sorted and paid up.
Welcome to the forum from the Rocky Mountains of Colorado! I'm in the US so I can't be of any help with your question. Happy and safe flying!

Hey, I’m Matt from just outside Leicester in the uk. Just got hold of a mavic mini and have a few questions.......I’ll add those to the proper forum in a while! I do have one question if I may though....

Do I need to have both a flyer ID and an operator ID for the drone? If not, is it still wise to have both? This will be sorted before the drone comes out the box.

many thanks

Matt

edit. Now have my flyer and operator ID all sorted and paid up.
Welcome also from South Leicester in the UK! Once covid-19 has been marginalised and the weather improves, if you're stuck for a place to fly you could no better than to check out Leicester Drone Club on Facebook. Meet ups are at the Gate Hangs Well pub on the Fosse Way which has all the facilities one might expect and for a £2 fee they fly every Sunday from 3 pm till 5 pm. Due to covid-19 the pub is in the process of changing hands to new owners but before the end of March the club's founder Christian Smith will be looking to resume flying come spring over the nearby River Wreake, the farmland beyond, as well as the small lakes which are used by the Syston Sailing Club, fairly aerially scenic for Leicester! I'm sure you'd be very welcome and be able to avail yourself of other pilots experience.

Late welcome from the San Francisco Bay Area! ?

It was a busy work week, but I honestly stopped at this thread because of the warm advice offered by @Scubadiver1944. I’ve been plotting out places I want to holiday when they let us again...

Safe flying to you in 2021!

Welcome also from South Leicester in the UK! Once covid-19 has been marginalised and the weather improves, if you're stuck for a place to fly you could no better than to check out Leicester Drone Club on Facebook. Meet ups are at the Gate Hangs Well pub on the Fosse Way which has all the facilities one might expect and for a £2 fee they fly every Sunday from 3 pm till 5 pm. Due to covid-19 the pub is in the process of changing hands to new owners but before the end of March the club's founder Christian Smith will be looking to resume flying come spring over the nearby River Wreake, the farmland beyond, as well as the small lakes which are used by the Syston Sailing Club, fairly aerially scenic for Leicester! I'm sure you'd be very welcome and be able to avail yourself of other pilots experience.
I’ll check the Facebook page out now and have a good look. Maybe meet soon for drone action!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fuckyoupaymenowww