DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Holy Stone RID

GregS

Reactions
I purchased the Holy Stone RID last December, connected, loaded info for both my MP1 and P4Pv1 individually and worked great. However, here it is close to deadline to use the RID, and it will not connect. BT is on, but the app cannot find the unit. Followed instructions, but it just wont connect. Emailed HS but have not gotten a reply. Anyone else had this problem?

Umm, just stick it on the you drone equipement and turn it on. If your ever confronted , at least you will look to be in compliance. Unless, of course, they check to see if your equipment is working, but I doubt they will. If they do, just tell them you didn't know it wasn't working.

BY the way, how do you know if it is working or not?

If you are testing it with one of those phone drone finder apps They are unreliable and I would not trust the result.

msinger posted a video on these Modules. Below is the video posted by Msinger maybe you could contact that member for more advice.

As the pilot in command of an aircraft telling the official- "I thought it was working" will get you FINED by the FAA. YOU! are responsible to make sure your equipment works. If it doesnt work you are NOT legal. Make Very sure your module is in working order before you fly!

Last edited:
If you are testing it with one of those phone drone finder apps They are unreliable and I would not trust the result.

msinger posted a video on these Modules. Below is the video posted by Msinger maybe you could contact them for more advice.

As the pilot in command of an aircraft telling the official- "I thought it was working" will get you FINED by the FAA. YOU! are responsible to make sure your equipment works. If it doesnt work you are NOT legal. Make Very sure your module is in working order before you fly!
how do you know?

Reactions: Cafguy
Umm, just stick it on the you drone equipement and turn it on. If your ever confronted , at least you will look to be in compliance. Unless, of course, they check to see if your equipment is working, but I doubt they will. If they do, just tell them you didn't know it wasn't working.

BY the way, how do you know if it is working or not?
It will not connect to their app. It may be working, but I would think it should connect to their app like it did when I bought it. "But Officer, the light is blinking so it must be working"....I'll try that. :)

The Federal Aviation Regulations are Very clear on this. and telling a member to Skirt Federal regulations is in NO way advice and it is advice that will not work anyway.

Reactions: Highly Cool
Was just kidding. Would not fly illegally. Especially after retiring from Military flying for 30 years!

I did get a reply from Holy Stone and it was the same as what 'Mavic Help' sent.
HS said that was normal to not see the RID from their app. The instructions HS gave me are posted later in their instruction manual. My fault for not reading further.
Thanks Holy Stone and 'Mavic Help' !

Reactions: msinger

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13