DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hot Battery

bkushner

Reactions
My first flight today with the Air 3 the battery temp in Airdata is showing 170 F. That takes the record of hottest battery ever. Surely this has to be a mistake? It was 90 out but 170 is insane.

1690520263997.png

• Wow
Reactions: Wild Drone Pilot
I think it's a malfucntion of Airdata since the drone is new. I saw some other readings that were off. Also the battery wasn't even that warm when I removed it, I even thought wow must have great ventilation.

Do you have other batteries with which to compare it?
If feasible do you have a thermometer to check it ......... next time?
Post the flight log to Phantomhelp and perhaps post the URL here. If you look in the PH csv the battery temperature is shown 'live' in column CV "BATTERY.temperature [F]"

Last edited:
Reactions: Torque
So strange. Especially as it passed the touch test. Please report any other anomalies!

Other than that, what are your 1st impressions with the bird / flight / controller? Made any sample videos and /or stills?

Update: I've sent them several flight logs and I too am seeing the very same temp as you for all of my batteries, wrong model, wrong voltage, wrong rudder map, etc.. They'll have this all figured out sooner than later.

Airdata is in the process of getting the dev team to correct many issues being reported from the Air3. For now, don't rely on anything from them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Torque

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman