DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How Curved Litchi Missions and DJI Fly Waypoint Missions Differ

DJ Wes

Reactions
Site
www.litchiutilities.com
Most people who have used both Litchi and DJI Fly waypoint missions know that the flight paths differ. If the same set of waypoints are used in both applications, in DJI Fly, the flight path goes through the waypoints while in Litchi, they do not.

Capture.PNG

Upon initial inspection, it appears that Litchi is using a B-Spline while DJI is using a composite Bezier curve. However, that is not the case. I know that many will not care. If you do want to know but don’t care about the details and just want the answer, Litchi is using straight lines with quadratic B-Splines (or quadratic Bezier curves) at the interior waypoints while DJI is using a Centripetal Catmull-Rom Spline.

If you are curious and want to know exactly how both Litchi and DJI are creating their flight paths, I have created a document that explains in more detail.

Thanks. That’s very interesting.

Most people who have used both Litchi and DJI Fly waypoint missions know that the flight paths differ. If the same set of waypoints are used in both applications, in DJI Fly, the flight path goes through the waypoints while in Litchi, they do not.

View attachment 172496

Upon initial inspection, it appears that Litchi is using a B-Spline while DJI is using a composite Bezier curve. However, that is not the case. I know that many will not care. If you do want to know but don’t care about the details and just want the answer, Litchi is using straight lines with quadratic B-Splines (or quadratic Bezier curves) at the interior waypoints while DJI is using a Centripetal Catmull-Rom Spline.

If you are curious and want to know exactly how both Litchi and DJI are creating their flight paths, I have created a document that explains in more detail.

Have not used either one, however, last night I had decided to look into DJI waypoints for my M3. Which of the above two photos is the Fly Waypoints?

Thanks Wes.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1