DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How do you determine if motherboard is good or bad on mavic pro1?

The Ghost

Reactions
A friend crashed into the ocean for less then 1 minute. They took the mavic pro1 & throughly rinsed all the salt water off the drone. They put it in rice (they live in Asia - Philippines) for 2 weeks. Drone never worked again. I gave my friend a mavic pro1 drone I had & they gave me the damaged drone. I sent to DJI but I didn’t have any logs or information about the drone so DJI said I needed a new drone. The drone was only 1 week old when water damage happened. Once I got back from DJI I took the bottom plate off the drone to see what it looked like inside as if it was green or bad inside I wasn’t going to try & repair it. Once I opened the drone it looked like no water damage had happened. It looked like new from what I can tell. So I purchased a motherboard that’s supposed to be new & installed inside. (It wasn’t very difficult to change out the motherboard) then buttoned it back up & nothing happened. It was still dead. What would you recommend me to do? I paid $175 for new motherboard & I don’t know how to determine if the motherboard is good or bad. I’m hind sight I wouldn’t have purchased motherboard but that’s done. I’d like to get this drone working since it doesn’t look like any water got inside the drone. Please advise what you’d do. I realize if I have more then $300 in the drone it’s a wash but any more then that I don’t feel it’s worth it , Do you? Thank you for any information. I greatly appreciate your time . Sincerely Bob Page (513)423-8259 / 3907 Nora Ave Middletown, Ohio 45044 [email protected]

Last edited:
The board you replaced is the core board. It's plug and play. The other board is the ESC board and it has to be soldered in.

Take a look at your battery terminals to see of they have corrosion. I have a feeling you will need to replace the ESC board if you get no power at all.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dipshot